Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
Thanks for the replies

do check out this weblink

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ry_v_6_feature

US version lang nga yun Camry but should be the same in engine and drivetrain.

In stock form, for both the FXT and Camry V6... surprisingly Camry wins in accelaration.

--- just more food for thoughts

For sheer acceleration (and ride) results, I suggest you TEST DRIVE. If you buy either these 2 cars (or your backups) and you don't even try them out, you may regret your decision.

Actually, the link you gave were old ones (my FXT model, actually), tested in the USA (where's it's colder and drier), with USDM models. Many parts may be the same, but they are not totally so. And lalo na ang weather at road conditions. Kaya I gave more credence to Phil reviews. The FXT is on the same list on the link BTW and it's supposedly .1 SECOND slower at 0-100. That's an inch or 2!

OTH, local reviews na 2009 show the FXT is nearly 1 SECOND faster at 0-100 C! mag phils March 2009 and both are SLOWER than the US results (as expected). That's a car length though.

Kaya I believe my original post about both cars' speed is right. But why take my word for it? TEST DRIVE.

Yung nagsasabi na mabigat/madaming bawas na acceleration ang AWD ... depende po sa AWD yan, siyempre depende din sa surface. Kung pampabigat lang, di hiindi siguro LAHAT ng modern rally car ay AWD. Suspetsa ko nga nakabilis pa sa FXT eh.

Tsaka mas mabigat po ang Camry kesa sa FXT (the Camry has higher HP and Torque) ... kaya nga palagay ko mas maganda ang ride ... pag maganda ang kalsada. Kaso konti lang yun dito sa Pinas.

If after test driving both, you end up thinking -- 'crisis ngayon, sa backup na lang ako.' I TEST DRIVE MO PA DIN!