Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    fxt will win anytime vs a v6 camry

edit:even if the fxt is full

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    fxt will win anytime vs a v6 camry

edit:even if the fxt is full
    There you have it...given TS's preference for acceleration, it's Forester for the win.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks for the replies

do check out this weblink

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ry_v_6_feature

US version lang nga yun Camry but should be the same in engine and drivetrain.

In stock form, for both the FXT and Camry V6... surprisingly Camry wins in accelaration.

--- just more food for thoughts

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ry_v_6_feature

Dropped my jaw. 0-60 in 5.8 secs.

well, front wheel drive has lesser moving parts than the FXT's symetrical AWD....

pero tignan mo engine size-- 3.5L v6 vs 2.5L-flat4 turbo.... at idle, mas matipid parin ang fxt kasi 2.5L lang siya!

pero ako, legacy outback pipiliin ko.. best of both.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Forester for the win. Never race a Camry! It won't seem right to do that.
    +1. Even though the Camry 3.5Q has got a lot of power in it, I still believe that it's still built for comfort driving/crusiing. It was there to give extra power when you need it once in a while (i.e., chased by carnappers, or tagging along golf bags and/or gold bars?)

Kidding aside, it seems to me that you want a vehicle that could unleash that 10-yr-old kid in you when you drive. If that's the case, FXT would be my choice.

Just my two cents.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    Kidding aside, it seems to me that you want a vehicle that could unleash that 10-yr-old kid in you when you drive. If that's the case, FXT would be my choice.

You've hit it on the spot!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    Better Drive:
    its up to you if you are used to driving on a higher or lower ground clearance.

Faster:
    2.5L flat 4 with 4speed AT vs 3.5 V6 with 6speed AT... [SIZE=3]Camry wins[/SIZE]

Easier to Maintain:
    i guess both are expensive. Subaru has only one Casa, unlike Toyota. but Camry is an executive car, so may kamahalan din mga parts.

Enjoyment of Ownership After 5 Years:
    they are both great in their own classes. you won't regret any of them. gas price will be the one not enjoyable...

i beg to disagree w/ this statement.
    drove these cars na, the 2.5 displacement might be small compared sa 3.5, but it's turbocharged and every bit of power is extracted talaga.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    FXT na bro.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    depende sa priority mo bro. if you want comfort and luxury, go for the camry. if you want versatility and utility, go for the FXT. also, the 2.5 boxer engine is one of the most upgradeable engines out there. with the price difference, you can probably modify the FXT to run circles around the camry. :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Forester FXT VS Camry v6