New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Cars with 6 airbags are normally found in luxury vehicles so in fairness a 1.550M with 6 airbags is a good value for the money. But it's expensive to replace the airbags if deployed so drive carefully.
    Not really, top of line variants of Lancer and ASX have 7 airbags. Forester 2.0X has 6 airbags.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for all the reply Went to both the nissan and subaru dealership to check the cars out a 2nd time and i think I'll be getting the forester 2.0x

Both have HID.
    Both have 6 airbags.
    Both are 4x4
    Both most probably have the same FC

Forester has:
    Sunroof
    Aux input
    Better legroom for 2nd row
    P200,000 less expensive

Xtrail has:
    Leather power seats
    20 more HP
    Cramp 2nd row

The Forester's advantage eventually made me decide and I can use that price variance to get me aftermarket wheels and better car speakers

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You should also opt for an aftermarket leather seats. Well worth the price naman sila IMO, but it costs around Php50,000+ to get a quality one.

Wait, the X-Trail doesn't have AUX capabilities? Parang weird yun ah. Most cars nowadays comes with AUX capabilities. Pati nga mga sub-compact meron na eh

Tapos lugi ka ng dalawang bumbilya dahil sa hyper roof rails ng XTrail joke..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup wala Aux kainis. The Xtrail 2.0L CVT in Malaysia has better head unit. May ipod connection pa yata. But Malaysians are complaining why they didn't get the 4x4 version. Yun Sentra 200 may Aux and ipod connection, standard na kasi sa US tong features.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    From my experience, Nissans have very cheap quality speakers and not so nice head units on their cars.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah before when I was thinking of getting a Navara I was shocked that the 4X2 player does not even play MP3's... Unforgivable in the modern age...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah before when I was thinking of getting a Navara I was shocked that the 4X2 player does not even play MP3's... Unforgivable in the modern age...
    Yup same with our Cefiro and Sentras with the mediocre Clarion units. They put in multiple disc changer but I'd rather have mp3 or aux capability than those. All the competitors have mp3 capable units already.

Though it's an easy fix, still they should have aux as standard.

Between the 3 choices,
    I'd have the X-trail because of the more powerful engine. Although the CRV has the best interior, the exterior is just ugly.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The old 2.0L Xtrail has a very good head unit and a gps i think. They should have put that on the Xtrail CVT too.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    The old 2.0L Xtrail has a very good head unit and a gps i think. They should have put that on the Xtrail CVT too.

That's what their offering now as with other car makers who sell old cars (uhm... Crosswind), accessorize it to make it look attractive.

Although it's quite strange, our X-trail has a 2 din HU with Aux in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Forester 2.0x or new Xtrail 2.5 4x4 or CRV 2.4 4x4