New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ayun pala eh.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    great choice pup2! you wont be disappointed. btw what color are u getting? ok daw un Urban gray sabi ng SA ng subaru gh. its noticeably more relaxing to drive a faster car during long drives and since na mention hindi ka city driver than the 2.5XT would be perfect for long provincial drives.

pics naman pag nakuha mo na!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... good luck sa purchase.

Hmmmm... demonyohan? Speedlab just dyno-tested their Forester unichip install... 2.5XT, no exhaust or turbo mods... 26 additional whp from the chip alone...

:evil:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    that's pretty consistent with the power increase you'd get with the Cobb AP.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=2486

we also have to remember that subaru has a tendency to underrate their cars. the first FXTs (03-05) were rated at 210hp, but dynos showed that some had up to 260hp stock.

that's one of the best things about this car, it's easy to make it even more powerful.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    that's one of the best things about this car, it's easy to make it even more powerful.

Oist! :shhh: wag ka maingay :secret: lang yun baka madami makaalam :hide:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    great choice pup2! you wont be disappointed. btw what color are u getting? ok daw un Urban gray sabi ng SA ng subaru gh. its noticeably more relaxing to drive a faster car during long drives and since na mention hindi ka city driver than the 2.5XT would be perfect for long provincial drives.

pics naman pag nakuha mo na!
    Gusto ko sana red kaya lang ayaw ni misis. Kaya nag-compomise kami sa gold. Di ako maka-post ng pics eh. Wala pang connector yung cel ko sa comp dahil medyo luma na. I'll update the forester thread about the performance and FC though.

Pero this early, I can say na sa lahat ng car namin ito at yung accord na 90s model had the nicest ride comfort.

Haha. Sabi ko di ko na uli isasama driver ko pag test drive ng new car. Lagi kasing yung mas mahal ang pinipili eh. Yung City 1.3 vs 1.5 dun siya sa 1.5. Dito naman dun siya sa 2.5 imbes na 2.0. Haha.

Turns out tama siya on both counts though. Kasi yun accord 2.0 ng dad ko ang pinaka walang gustong gumamit. Tingin ko yung city kung 1.3 ganun din ang mangyayari.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Congratulations and welcome to the club pup2! :groupwave:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

we also have to remember that subaru has a tendency to underrate their cars. the first FXTs (03-05) were rated at 210hp, but dynos showed that some had up to 260hp stock.

According to them, the brand new one they dynoed at Autoplus had about 150-something whp stock, and at 176 or so whp after the chip... kinda under-powered compared to other stock dynos, but Autoplus's dynojet is reputed to read low... but it could be more because of the automatic transmission.

Sid says it's a night and day difference.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pup2, congrats... you are one lucky dawg. :2thumbsup:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Hi FXT. Thanks for posting the link to Cobb Tuning. It was an eye-opener for me.

Now that I've seen the potential of the Subaru engine, Im all the more worried that if I purchase the Forester 2.0, I may not be able to take advantage of the performance tools offered by Cobb or other mod suppliers. I'll be using the vehicle for mostly city driving (95%) but am open to the option of bumping up the HP for more spirited driving. You see, the catalogue doesn't seem to mention the base 2.0 model, only the 2.5XT.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Everyone is welcome to share what they know about this as well. I'll be making a purchase decision come July. Thanks in advance.

I'll be keeping a tab on this thread. Interesting stuff. :-)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Forester 2.0 or 2.5XT?