New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that looks like the New Isuzu D-Max engine. It wont be out in our market just yet.

I'd prefer the Ranger over the Fuego. Most powerful engine in its class, and much quieter.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that looks like the New Isuzu D-Max engine. It wont be out in our market just yet.

I'd prefer the Ranger over the Fuego. Most powerful engine in its class, and much quieter.that looks like the New Isuzu D-Max engine. It wont be out in our market just yet.

I'd prefer the Ranger over the Fuego. Most powerful engine in its class, and much quieter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Funny, as I mentioned earlier I had just taken delivery of a BNEW Ranger XLT a few days ago for work. On the way to Jala-Jala, Rizal, I saw about 7 Rangers on the road! 4 were bnew like mine, no plates and 2 of them were even of the SAME color!

I think the Ranger is the cheapest in its class as well. ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RS Sprint, i-share mo naman consumption sa fuel ang new ranger mo. I'm very interested on that. I like the Ranger a lot but people do discourages me because this ride (daw) drink diesel too much.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20vanda01,

Its true. This is our 2nd Ranger XLT already. I've only covered about 900 kilometers palang, so its not yet properly/fully broken-in. I've only seen about 7.3 kilometers / liter, which, for a diesel, is quite pathetic. Mostly highway driving pa ito.

On our first one, which had covered about 25,000 km on the odometer right before we sold it, we'd average about 8.5-9 kilometers / liter. Aminado kaming lahat who would use the Ranger though, lead-foot driving kami most of the time but still, I was expecting more.

Pero coming from cars that do 4.5-5.5 km / liter, ok na ito sakin. ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ilan ba valves ng isuzu fuego?
    8 Valves siya..

Additional Info:
    Ford Ranger 4x2 XLT 2.9SOHC 12Valve 730K, Trekker 4X2 2.5 SOHC (Turbo) 800K.

Fuego LS 4X2 2.5 Turbo 8 Valves 750K MT; 2.8 SOHC 8 Valve 800K (AT).

I'll go for the Ranger Trekker

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wanted to add, cruising at 80km/h * about 2.4K RPM and crusing at 100 km/h at 3K RPM makes a huge difference in fuel consumption. I think its due to the lousy aerodynamics or more specifically, the drag caused by the open bed. I better find a canvass cover for this. You guys know any reputable shops? Sorry if its a bit OT na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its true. This is our 2nd Ranger XLT already. I've only covered about 900 kilometers palang, so its not yet properly/fully broken-in. I've only seen about 7.3 kilometers / liter, which, for a diesel, is quite pathetic. Mostly highway driving pa ito.

On our first one, which had covered about 25,000 km on the odometer right before we sold it, we'd average about 8.5-9 kilometers / liter. Aminado kaming lahat who would use the Ranger though, lead-foot driving kami most of the time but still, I was expecting more.

Pero coming from cars that do 4.5-5.5 km / liter, ok na ito sakin.
    sa tingin ko 'yong 7+ km/liters is not bad, wag na lang siguro bababa on the level.
    thanks for sharing.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Of course Isuzu Fuego!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Musong View Post
    Of course Isuzu Fuego!

boss 6 years ago pa itong thread na to! hehehe!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Ranger vs. Isuzu Fuego