New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i'm in the hunt for a standard pickup (brand new) and so far the two lowest priced ones are the ranger and fuego (< 700k). I've never really had any experience with an isuzu but i hear its the best diesel engine arnd and its reliability reputation is quite impressive. i havent tried the ranger too but we've had a mazda b2200 for arnd 7 yrs now and all i can say is that its worth every centavo. any comments will be highly appreciated especially experiences with either vehicle. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both the Ranger and the Fuego pick-ups are very good choices. The Isuzu is well known for it's diesel engines for it's durability and reliability. The Ranger though not well known is also good. Creature comforts are also comparable. The only comment s that the Fuego pick-up body is already dated and a new body is on the way. It's already being sold in other countries like Thailand. I'm just not sure when the new body will be introduced here in the Philippines. For a basic workng truck the Isuzu may be a better choice but it's outdated body may be a factor for some for which the Ranger is ahead. Just my two cents. Goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ows may bagong fuego na? roydok pahingi naman ng link. isuzu fan ako eh :mrgreen:

tnx man

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks. btw, the intended use is for the province. so roads will be mostly gravel and dirt. and sometimes will be used to carry people ang cargo. so suspension durability is a must.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isuzu ka na pre. available kahit san ang parts. lalo na sa province. or kung kaya hintayin yung bago di mas ok.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a friend working on one of the telecoms company, usually his service is pick provided by the company. based sa kanyang experiece sa paggamit ng pick up, (ranger, hilux, fuego, frontier, mazda), carrying capacity is comparable with each other, the only negative comment on the ranger that i got from him is that, malakas daw sa diesel ang ranger. comparing that to hilux, half tank palang daw ang hilux, paubos na sa ranger. dati nung hindi pa siya nakakdrive ng hi-lux, fuego ang dabest daw.

para sa akin fuego na rin.

pero gusto ko lang sabihin ang ganda nung bagong frontier.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto po link sa isuzu Thailand: http://www.isuzu-tis.com/eng/index.htm

kailan kaya ito ilalabas dito?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto ang link sa pics ng new Isuzu Fuego pick-up (left). Kasama na din current 2003 Frontier (right). :D

http://www.motioncars.com/autobuzz/articles21/2003_pickups.html

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ganda nga ng bagong fuego. pero mahirap kasing hintayin yung bago kasi more likely than not e majajack up yung prices. im more particular with utility rather than looks or even resale value. kung ganong may lalabas na bagong model, e hintayin ko na lang sila magubos ng stock. malamang magkakapromo yun at discounts. thanks sa info.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho lang po.
    mas gusto ko fuego. mas astig and mas heavy duty and dating.
    i just don't know with the maintenance kung ano mas mahal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ford Ranger vs. Isuzu Fuego