New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_sti View Post
    How about the issue of spare parts supply of ford?
    If you are talking about outside the casa, there are many shops in Banawe that bring in Ford parts, some of the popular ones are Mazford, Fordland and Thunder Automotive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012

i kinda like the isuze dmax

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

i kinda like the isuze dmax
    Looks are good, but if you are talking about substance, Isuzu choosing to put the old Euro 2 engine on a larger heavier Chevy Colorad-sized pickup? Doesn't sound so smart.
    The local spec New D-Max comes with either a 4JJ1-TC 3.0-liter CRDi engine that produces 146 PS and 294 Nm of torque or a 4JK1-TC 2.5-liter CRDi producing 109 PS and 280 Nm of torque.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    saw this in a tuning forum. a 2.5L colorado remapped to deliver 213hp and 517Nm. a 2.8L could even go more...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_sti View Post
    Ford Ranger is a good competition for strada, navarra and hilux. But my worry is the dependability of ranger in the long run since it is new one. Is it right to say that engine run on turbo is far under stress than without a turbo given the same size of engine, unless it is ranger 3.2 wildtrak and How about the issue of spare parts supply of ford?
    All of the diesels nowadays are turbo. All of them. And they're all direct injection, running rail pressures of over 20,000 psi. Lots of pressure all around. The only relatively "unstressed" turbo engine left is the base (non-CRDI) motor in the Starex.

But yes, more displacement, less boost, great. But this all depends on your priorities. I'd rather look at fuel economy, and simply take it easy on the gas pedal if I want my engine to last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    i'm considering on the attributes of the colorado since i have a greater chance of remapping the ecu of which i'm already quite familiar.
    You can do this with any diesel. Any links, though? Because that kind of gain is not typically possible with a chip. Typically you get 15-30 hp... which means other mods are involved.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

You can do this with any diesels. Any links, though? Because that kind of gain is not typically possible with a chip. Typically you get 15-30 hp... which means other mods are involved.
    if you mean remapping, no not all diesels, some ECUs are not supported by remapping tools like the denso of the fortuners. hang around for some time in tuning forums and you will know what i mean. tuner's playground now is the EDC16 from bosch which the colorado is equipped with.

if you mean piggybacks or add on chips (soldered or inserted) to the ECU motherboard, yes you are right. the gain is only minimal compared to "real" remapping where you read the contents what is there inside the stock EEPROM from the ecu, identify the maps (which is quite difficult if starting from scratch), edit the maps for proper tuning and write it back to the ecu with special tools. if one has a dyno, tuning can be verified onsite but onroad software dynos can also do the job with high accuracy. i've experienced doing this already with my 2007 hyundai santa fe though i don't have access to a dyno.

here's, the ongoing discussion on the new colorado remapping of a 2.5L manual model...you have to register though to get access to the topic.

ECUCONNECTIONS Engine Tuning Social Network ? Index page

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... remap, not chip. Still... strange. What is that sheet quoting? Seems like BHP, because I've driven the Colorado 2.5, and it doesn't have 150 whp.

Either that engine is incredibly detuned from the factory (to make way for the 2.8), or there are other mods included.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah... remap, not chip. Still... strange. What is that sheet quoting? Seems like BHP, because I've driven the Colorado 2.5, and it doesn't have 150 whp.

Either that engine is incredibly detuned from the factory (to make way for the 2.8), or there are other mods included.
    from what i know tuners give hp/torque measured at the wheels. some manufacturers frequently qoute it from ecu calculated values that tends to be higher than the measured results at the dyno. if you see the measured (stock tune) on the sheet it is 141.65hp * 342.25Nm which is lower than the advertised 150*350. I doubt if the dealer will carry out a dyno and pass it to the consuming public. it is always the tuning world will have the initiative to do this and post it in forums.
    10% loses from engine to the wheels is not surprising to the tuners as typical values. and yes, you are absolutely right that the 2.5 is incredibly detuned. i've looked at the maps and and i found that the duramax indeed, has a lot of untapped power locked by the manufacturer only "remappers" know.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    We just recently bought chevy colorado 4x4 m/t. So far so good! Matipid siya sa diesel. Medyo bitin nga lang sa gadgets para sa price nya. Medyo tinipid.

I'll rate it 8.5/10

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234