New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I am searching for a good 2nd hand car for my daily use. I live in Novaliches and work in Makati. I am currently using 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia M/T. I am choosing between Ford Lynx RS and Honda Civic 2.0 iVTEC. In the reviews I have seen, Lynx RS has a slight edge because of its good handling and sporty look. However, I heard that the Civic has the same power but better fuel efficiency. Which of the two should I choose? Are there other alternatives you suggest? My budget is 300k to 450k.

P.S. I am now using a 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia M/T. I find the clutch and transmision a bit hard (difficult to drive during heavy traffic).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go for the civic.... ikaw na din ang nagsabi.. same power, more fuel efficient.
    may dagdag lang ako... better resale value...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    More fuel efficient? Says who? The Civic 2.0 is AT only. I've heard from owners that it gets somewhere between 6-7 km/l in city traffic (an uncle used to own one, the pearl-white paddle-shift limited edition). The Lynx gets 7-8 km/l in traffic, at worst.

The Civic is certainly more convenient, being automatic, but that's about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Civic 2.0 RS (7th GEN) or Civic FD?

ang alam ko kasi same sila na iVTEC eh

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I want to know more about the FC of Lynx RS. Is it really hitting 8-10 km/l city driving?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Civic nalang. Better resale value, better ride (daw) and more features tapos A/T pa.
    my sister owns one. yung FC nga medyo ganun din. Pero depende parin sa driving style ng driver.

ako may 1.8S FD sobra tipid na yun pero halos 2.0S din ang konsumo

glade, siguro Civic 2.0RS (7th Gen.) yung sinasabi nya. Kaso sa budget nya mukang Lynx RS lang mabibili nya

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Civic is certainly more convenient, being automatic, but that's about it.
    As TS posted, I guess this is pretty much the best reason in getting that Civic for a daily car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mickoolitz View Post
    I want to know more about the FC of Lynx RS. Is it really hitting 8-10 km/l city driving?
    When my car was stock, light-traffic, short city trips netted me about 8-10 km/l.

Heavy, rush-hour traffic gets you between 6-8 km/l. That's what most city-goers will typically be getting.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Power rating. Honda Civic 2.0 iVTEC is 155ps. The Ford Lynx RS 2.0 is 143ps. Does 12ps matter?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends. The Civic does make more power at the wheels than the Lynx in dyno-testing, but the fact that it's an automatic makes the Lynx a little easier to drive fast on the track or in traffic. The extra hp should make a difference in top-end speed, but both cars can hit over 200 km/h comfortably.

Besides, where, besides the NLEX or SCTEX, would you ever need that extra 5-10 km/h?

Ford Lynx RS 2.0 or Honda Civic 2.0 iVTEC???