New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The consumption of the Focus Sport is similar to other 2.0s. The Honda Civic 2.0 AT is just as bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Girl, 17, will not be paying for it.........

Therefore, Ford Focus 2.0 it is! Will you be paying for the gas yourself?

(Mazda 3 2.0 is great too)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    will not be paying for the gas but i think 6km/l is too much..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's dependent on traffic.

After the break-in (new Ford/Mazda engines drink more gas in the first 1000 kms), Ford Focus Sports can get 7-8 km/l in the city.

Basta, fuel consumption isn't as bad as the Escape or CR-V, but nowhere near as good as 1.6 ATs.

This is because the Focus Sport is a 2 liter AT, and it's the biggest and heaviest car of the three you're asking about.

The Mazda3 1.6 Hatchback isn't very fuel efficient either, but it's a little better.

The Suzuki Swift only has a 1.5 liter engine. It's not as quick as the Focus, and it's much, much smaller inside, but fuel consumption is respectable.
    Last edited by niky; February 25th, 2007 at 03:34 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:
    getting 8-9km/l on my 2.0
    7km/l pag traffic... and by the way.. im using E10 (cheaper ng konti)
    btw, replied to your pm swift...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I suggest you test drive these three cars to have a good feel which one really suits your taste. Iba kasi ang looks, iba din naman ang "feel" at performance. Drop by Ford EDSA and ask for Jay or Quick. They will be very happy you test drive their car. Ask them to explain to you every detail you need to know about the Focus Sport.

I am sure the Mazda and Suzuki people will help you too.

Or better yet, visit a car rental shop and rent each car for one week (that is, if you can wait). Minsan kasi bitin ang test drive sa dealers.

If you aren't decided yet, try searching the internet for reviews and ratings of these cars. Balance things out. By this time, you will probably get a clear idea of which one to buy.

Best wishes...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Even though you don't pay for the gas and maintenance now, it may be a big factor in the future if you will continue to use it after college, hence fuel efficiency and cost to maintain should be considered. In that context and amongst the choices, I think Mazda 3 hatch is the best option (although you may also want to consider the Honda Jazz 1.5 vtec)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    go for Ford Focus sports!

kasi my favorite car at pang world rally porma...

peru ang sakit pala uminom ng gas no...? 6-8 km/l city.... ouch...

but it's better than accord with km/l.
    Last edited by rion; March 19th, 2007 at 11:23 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for me imho po, since you're a lady, why not try a honda jazz, toyota yaris, or even a civic fd 1.8s? suzuki swift maganda din po (mini cooper look!)

mejo "masculine" po kasi ang ford focus, mazda 3 hatch naman po needs aftermarket bling-blings para ma-appreciate nyo po fully yung appearance nya.

you can also check po for toyota avanza, cute din po yun (innova jr.)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1- focus sport
    2- swift

pero for a 17 year/ freshman...swift na lang siguro. ;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Focus Sport, Suzuki Swift or Mazda 3 Hatchback?