New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Civic ako kasi un binili ko he he. Tiningnan ko din yan focus masyado sya maliit para sakin. Mas maganda sya sa picture keysa personal. Maganda naman civic especially yung front ung likod lagyan nalang ng mugen bodykit he he. As of sa ride nasa pagitan sya ng fd sa altis i know ived driven both. Na test drive ko din yang focus pero ung 1.6 lang mas malakas ung civic dahil .siguro 1.8. Ang inayawan ki lang talaga sa focus eh maliit sya parang lumaki lang konti sa jazz. Mas gusto ko ung malaki kahit na kadalasan eh aki lang ang sakay ng kotse dahil mas relax ako.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The Ambiente and Trend interiors seem to be very similar, down to the nokia theme audio interface but the LCD screen might be smaller - I am not sure since I wasnt able to see/drive both cars at the same time. Another difference is that the Trend has the two tone steering wheel with audio controls while the Ambiente has a monochrome tiller with no button whatsoever. I think the Trend also has 2more speakers, and microsoft sync which is not on the Ambiente. The Trend also has fog lamps and the Ambiente doesnt. For a base model - the Ambiente interior is 95% that of the Trend, meaning it doesnt look cheap at all - and miles better than even the Fiesta S interior. It's really glaring shortcoming is the steel wheels which are thankfully easily replaced.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I have a civic and i find it very satisfying to drive. Light, comfortable, powerful engine, strong acceleration, powerful brakes, very stable at high speeds such that at 190 and 200kph you can afford to relax and whistle a tune (if there is no speed detecting radar on the expressway hehehe!). I suggest that you test drive the models you are considering and see if they suit your driving style. After all, everything is subjective. By the way, mixed city and highway driving gives me 10 to 13 km/liter in the civic.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    For more details about driving dual clutch (and other info) - read this nice review blog by a Focus owner in Thailand:

Ford Focus 2.0 GDi Sport+ Thailand Made ? 12.000km Review | LeoViotti's Corner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12