New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ It's not as if I'm the only one complaining.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    beggin' to disagree, but... maybe if you're a package who doesn't need to move.. i'm 5'7", and i too find the fiesta cramped at the back.
    It really depends also on how one sits at the back and how one drives (driving position). That's why it's important for people to see for themselves.
    What is considered adequate and what is tight varies between people.
    An example: You share the same comments as the 5ft11 british tester regarding rear seating space even though you are 4 inches shorter.

I'm 5ft6 and I definitely had over 3 inches of space between my knees and the backrest with the front seat adjusted to my height (proper seating position, with your shoulders against the backrest, you should be able to place your wrist on the top of the steering wheel).
    Last edited by AG4; December 1st, 2013 at 01:02 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    From my experience driving and riding the Fiesta, its rear seats feel like an afterthought in terms of space and comfort compared to the splendid driver's seat.

I still think it's one of the best subcompacts though, along with the CRDi Accent. The Jazz is just third on the list for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ your probably too large as well.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    ^^ your probably too large as well.

Since I drive most of the time, even if I sit at the backseat I sit all the way back with my butt and back against the backrest, most of the time I also wear my seatbelt when I sit at the back.
    I just realized how much extra room there is when I sit this way. Lol If I sit the same way as I do on a couch (with your butt halway down the seat), there's definitely less knee room for me. Lol

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    From my experience it's very uncomfortable to sit 3 people at the back of a Fiesta. Pwera na lang kung payat lahat ng uupo sa likod. Bottom line mas spacious ang Jazz compared sa Fiesta. Don't take our word for it, bring along 3 of your friends and have them try sitting at the back on both cars.

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Honda Jazz

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

Since I drive most of the time, even if I sit at the backseat I sit all the way back with my butt and back against the backrest, most of the time I also wear my seatbelt when I sit at the back.
    I just realized how much extra room there is when I sit this way. Lol If I sit the same way as I do on a couch (with your butt halway down the seat), there's definitely less knee room for me. Lol
    I don't know if it's just me but I can't say a seat if comfortable if I have to pick how I sit. That's just me...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't know if it's just me but I can't say a seat if comfortable if I have to pick how I sit. That's just me...
    For me safety does, sitting this way allows one to properly wear his/her seatbelt. It just happens that sitting this way also gives one more knee room.
    It's 2nd nature for me to put on my seatbelt whether I sit at the back or front.
    Last edited by AG4; December 1st, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I don't think another thread is in order.

I have the ex a/t glx. I like how it drives (nice handling and good engine response) and more spacious than the city or jazz. The trunk was a turn off but then realized that it was a non issue since I don't really bring a lot of stuff. What did attract me more was the gps (I had to buy the micro sd), touchscreen, and aggressive looks. If you compute the cost to buy the city 1.3 a/t vs lancer ex 1.6 glx a/t, it's very close (this is on a cash basis). I just don't know on financing.

Casa katayan? Not in my experience. Not sure with other issues but I had to return for a warranty claim sa kalampag. Wala naman hassle, they filed a report, ordered the parts, and it was taken care off. Cost of pms is comparable to other jap car manufacturers.

I would still consider the altis... Better riding comfort than the ex. During the time that I was buying, the altis a/t was out of my budget.

Thank you! And apologies to my late reply (it goes to everyone too). The altis 1.6G AT is already out of stock, according to my SA...awwww! :-(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Fiesta 1.5 trend PS or Honda Jazz 1.3 S AT? Maintenance and Resale value