New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Napaicip din ako, yung Sta.Fe : made in Korea while yung Pajero : made in Japan, yung Explorer kaya?
    american bu ang explorer.

If you don't need some hardcore off-road ability that would be better suited with a Pajero, get the Santa Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not that the diesels are all that great. The Veracruz is about the same as the Explorer V6 on the highway.
    But the Explorer got quite downsized...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    For 1.7m, the santa fe isnt cheap as compared to the competition but is considerable, but at 2.28m i wont spend my money on something that i can buy for 1.8m that is already Imho is Overpriced minus some of the "luxurious" features.

Setting aside fuel economy the explorer is better than the santa fe in all aspects. Im just wondering on why hyundai priced the santa fe that way.
    This is just a theory on why I think the santa fe is priced that way. If you look closely at the interior, you will note that the quality of the materials is closer to the pajero and the cx9 compared to the montero or fortuner. Features also like 6 airbags, HAC, TCS, DAB, EPB, panoramic roof are found on hi-end cars. But since it is a Hyundai, people tend to think that it should be "cheaper" even if the cost of having this features is expensive. So the 1.7m is reasonable but the premium should be 1.9-2m only.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think tama lang yung price ng Sta.Fe, Its is more hi-tech compared sa thai made fort,mont etc. plus build quiality and tolerances. I'll bank on Korean made vs. Thai made when it comes to quality. But Japan made still is tops for me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    This is just a theory on why I think the santa fe is priced that way. If you look closely at the interior, you will note that the quality of the materials is closer to the pajero and the cx9 compared to the montero or fortuner. Features also like 6 airbags, HAC, TCS, DAB, EPB, panoramic roof are found on hi-end cars. But since it is a Hyundai, people tend to think that it should be "cheaper" even if the cost of having this features is expensive. So the 1.7m is reasonable but the premium should be 1.9-2m only.
    I agree. The Santa Fe may be with the Fort and MS size-wise, but it has alot more features.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Regarding the pricing, I actually think that its the opposite. The Ford Explorer and the CX9 are extremely good value for money (the CX9 wins hands down) given the size and the amount of kit that you get.

I would recommend the Explorer or CX9 or Pajero to the TS. Again given his requirements the Santa Fe is too small.

Note, if I were the only one using the vehicle, I would also get a Santa Fe.
    True. Actually, for 5 or less individuals, the Santa Fe would be a good choice - for daily driver duties or out of town trips. But once the 3rd row requirement kicks in, the bigger boys are needed. CX9 pa din for its pricing and goodies.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    True. Actually, for 5 or less individuals, the Santa Fe would be a good choice - for daily driver duties or out of town trips. But once the 3rd row requirement kicks in, the bigger boys are needed. CX9 pa din for its pricing and goodies.
    Same thoughts here.

Santa Fe if your requirement is for max 5 people.

If you need full 7, and not 5 + 2 kiddie seats, better go for CX9 or Explorer. In terms of getting more value out of your money, CX9.

Happy New Year!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Ford explorer ecoboost vs mitsubishi pajero dsl vs hyundai santa fe 2wd vs ???