New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    We have a Prado now but its a grey market purchase. If the local version is about the same (in terms of suspension etc) then I'd go for the Prado. Its a very comfortable ride even in the back (my mom is quite sensitive to that) and the handling is excellent.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    If I can add to the mix, anyone have feedbacks on the Honda Pilot?

I saw it in a Honda showroom recently and actually looks much better in person.

At 2.5M, its priced almost like the Ford Explorer Ecoboost. It has pretty much everything the Ford has except push button start, powered tilt/adjust, and powered tailgate. But its a 4x4, has a 3.5 V6 engine, and more spacious.

It also seems better built than the Ford and more comfy than the Prado plus US reviews are positive.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *speed_kills - Below is a review of 2012 Pilot by Autoindustriya.

2012 Honda Pilot - Honest Car Reviews Philippines

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I been a passenger of an Alphard (3.5 V6) several times on 2nd row and 3rd row on some instances..

Its the most comfortable ride I ever had in a minivan and we are travelling at 180Kph on those freeways in China (I even sleep like a baby in the 3rd row going back to HK on one occasion).... among the TS's three choices, I will personally pick the Alphard. I think Alphard also has an advantage on cornering among the 3 choices.

However, I don't know if the local offering of Alphard in Manila is the same though.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    A relative has an Alphard 2.4 and its ride is really superb. However, there are rattle sounds in its underpinnings now (kalampag) - kinda premature on a 3 year old car. And if its fully laiden, the 2.4 struggles. I just guess that the Alphard may not be "fully compatible" to adapt in our country's very poor roads.

Test drove a neighbor's Explorer V6 and all I can is it is really nice car. However, I'm still not sure on the long term - parts, reliability, service, etc.

Prado has a stiff ride, especially at the back.

A good value for money option that you have is the Starex. You can check out the gray market for top-of-the-line HVX trim. Yes, it may not have as many features as those choices you have but overall, you get good value. Powerful diesel engine, spacious cabin, good ride and driveability (it's my daily driver). Parts are easy to find. I had this since 2010 and no major problems so far.

Just my suggestion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234