New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    No experience with LC at all but here's
    my take on this topic as our family used to own a Gen 1 Expedition, and currently own a Gen 2 Eddie Bauer and Gen 3 Eddie Bauer EL.

'10 Expedition Eddie Bauer EL
    Performance:
    Powerful V8 engine, I'd say its more than enough for the car even at full load. Our expedition goes on regular trips to Baguio,
    and once a year to Sagada, Tabuk, etc. Never encountered any problems. Good for over taking and no problems with rough roads

Luxury:
    The EL is quite loaded, I would say sunroof and xenon headlamps lang kulang. It's got power seats, leather all around, triple zone
    auto climate control, Ford sync (supports ipod, usb, etc), Power tailgate, power fold seats, huge space in all 3 rows and luggage
    capacity, ours comes stock with 20" wheels

It's so much different and better compared to the Gen 2 and specially the Gen 1. Dashboard is modern and controls are well laid
    out. Iba na talaga.

Resale:
    When it comes to resale, i think land cruisers are much better. But since you're buying second hand, the first owner already
    suffered a lot of the depreciation

Consumption:
    what do you expect from a 5.4 V8 gasoline engine on a big heavy body? ours consumes around 3+ to 4km/l city and on long trips
    it can get as high as 8-9. (6 speed automatic)

Maintenance:
    Maintenance is more expensive than your regular japanese car but personally i think it's still reasonable for what you get.
    We never encountered any major problems with any of our units. None were garage queens.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got hme because the expedition stalled along commonwealth. Had to go home and tow it with the land cruiser.

Worst part was, ford did not equip 4x2 expeditions with front tow hooks. How dumb is that. Even a vios has a front tow point.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I just got hme because the expedition stalled along commonwealth. Had to go home and tow it with the land cruiser.

Worst part was, ford did not equip 4x2 expeditions with front tow hooks. How dumb is that. Even a vios has a front tow point.
    Di nga? Our Revo has two.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala eh. The bumper is just blanked off where the 4x4 tow hooks are supposed to come out...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

WTF... the 1998 4x4 Exped of my Aunt has provisions uprfront and a tow set up at the rear, stock out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    WTF... the 1998 4x4 Exped of my Aunt has provisions uprfront and a tow set up at the rear, stock out.
    Its wierd that even tow hooks are optional on some cbrands like jeep. Skidplates are optional too. No wonder boring japanese brands are the vehicles of choice in harsh environments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
ford expedition EB EL 2008 vs. Toyota Land cruiser 2005