New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hi fellow tsikoteer enthusiasts and gurus!

I just would like to know your inputs regarding eve and tb for mt.

My family lives in dasma and work in manila and basically its a long drive everyday.

Here are my concerns

1. if i frequent offroad driving, which one is better to receive the punishment?

2. Which of the has more fuel economy

3. Which has more power? Or should i say faster?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you're eyeing the Everest, better wait for the new one to be launched, its a lot nicer than the current one.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Chevrolet trailblazer!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    You might consider the 4x4 for offroading.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Actually my first choice was an everest ( didnt bother looking at a fort or monty)
    Also with a 4x4 it didnt have an mt unit for it and i really prefer an mt.

Is the 2014 trailblazer really that superior over the current eve? Mt that is.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    for the current models though im an everest owner i think the TB has an edge base on your criteria (speed, power). but if you want a classic look the current eve model is also ok or you may want to wait for the upcoming model.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    for the current models though im an everest owner i think the TB has an edge base on your criteria (speed, power). but if you want a classic look the current eve model is also ok or you may want to wait for the upcoming model.
    Is the TB powered for off road driving like the current everest? Or should i say more capable?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Is the TB powered for off road driving like the current everest? Or should i say more capable?
    cant speak for TB but for my 09 4x2 eve its already proven in our province (bicol) for off road capability

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    The current Everest no longer comes in 4x4, so there's no comparison, at the moment. Also, before it was phased out, I think they added an anti-roll bar to the 4x4 Eve (the 4x2 comes with one), which limits rear articulation off-road.

The Eve 4x2 comes with a rear helical limited slip differential, which helps provide extra traction off-road, but it's not as effective as a 4x4 system. We had one with us for the Ford off-road supplement we did last year, but didn't take it very far down the trail. Stock 18" wheels and LSD didn't give enough traction to do the river crossings.

Shame, I was looking forward to bringing it down the trail. I have friends with the old (non-CRDI) 4x4, and they take it pretty far out off-road.
    Last edited by niky; April 16th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The current Everest no longer comes in 4x4, so there's no comparison, at the moment. Also, before it was phased out, I think they added an anti-roll bar to the 4x4 Eve (the 4x2 comes with one), which limits rear articulation off-road.

The Eve 4x2 comes with a rear helical limited slip differential, which helps provide extra traction off-road, but it's not as effective as a 4x4 system. We had one with us for the Ford off-road supplement we did last year, but didn't take it very far down the trail. Stock 18" wheels and LSD didn't give enough traction to do the river crossings.

Shame, I was looking forward to bringing it down the trail. I have friends with the old (non-CRDI) 4x4, and they take it pretty far out off-road.
    Thanks thats very much informative. However 4x4s usually come with AT. And im not a fan so to speak. But would like to have a 4x4 eve with MT.. So far with the inputs, im more inclined with the eve.. perhaps TB needs more sales talk, also am not that familiar with the new TB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford everest 2014 mt vs chevrolet trailblazer mt