New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    When will Ford Philippines release the "US version" Ford Escape?
    It really looks nice and the interior is way better than the ones sold here.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Looking at it from a flooding fording point of view, based on what I read on the net, I think Innova and Strada have 500mm fording capability. I don't know about the Escape.

Strada is not practical for us. It is too much of a workhorse. :D
    at first glance, the innova looks lower than the escape in terms of stance.

just note that both are petrol vehicles with sparkplugs that might get wet.

anybody knows where the ECU's are located? that should serve as a clincher

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    at first glance, the innova looks lower than the escape in terms of stance.

just note that both are petrol vehicles with sparkplugs that might get wet.

anybody knows where the ECU's are located? that should serve as a clincher
    For the Innova, I'm guessing it would be like the Fortuner, which is behind the dash (passenger side).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a diesel innova. and it ain't bulletproof anymore.
    the innova's second row passengers are also in for some jarring moments. if you want riding comfort, nothing beats the sedan.
    the innova's spare parts are nothing to be proud of anymore. mahal na po.
    i just got home driving thru the floods. (we received 110 mm of rainfall in 24 hours; the month's rainfall averages 300 mm.).
    brother's vvti gets 7-8 km/li city; my d4d gives at least 10-11 (that's at least 400 km per 1,000 kesos of diesel at current prices - 28/li).
    i have been thinking of getting another vehicle; but after all these experiences, i think i'll get another diesel (innova?).
    note: only those whose cars conked out in deep floods, will know the feeling.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The ride comfort of the Escape is definitely a lot better than the Innova. However, I think the Innova is more practical since it's bigger

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    looks and features: escape

practicality: innova

maintainability and total cost of ownership: innova

comfort: no problem with both (except when seated at the innova's 3rd row seats)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoots View Post
    looks and features: escape

practicality: innova

maintainability and total cost of ownership: innova

comfort: no problem with both (except when seated at the innova's 3rd row seats)
    Cost of ownership is questionable.

Some parts are cheaper... some (including the diesel hardware) are much more expensive. Availability is not a question, anymore... the Ford Escape has been in production for 9 years, and parts are available at a number of shops in Banawe. The Innova isn't a Toyota Corolla 4AFE, so parts are not as abundant... but there are shops that sell them.

Otherwise... the Escape wins on comfort (comfort by a longshot) and convenience, but it can't match the cargo/passenger capacity and ruggedness of the Innova.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ride and handling is superior with the Escape. Unlike the RAV4 and CRV which feels light (which contributes to the agile feeling), the Escape feels buttoned down, solid and substantial on the road, much like a baby Expedition (actually feels better for its size).

Compact and roomy. Imho, its up to par among ANY competition right now.

The only let down is the Escape's age, but hey, we are talking bnew units here, you'll start using the car 0 kms, and with the Innova? The only thing that would make me go for it is the thrifty D4D engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford Escape XLS 4X2 (2009) ~ vs.~Toyota Innova G VVT-i (2009)