Forester 2.5 XT > Outlander 3.0 V6 (yummy!) > Forester 2.0X > Escape 2.3

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's no more Escape 3.0.

Thus, your preferences would be:

Forester 2.5 XT > Outlander 3.0 V6 (yummy!) > Forester 2.0X > Escape 2.3

You're absolutely right. The Outlander was in my shortlist till the very end. Deciding what to get kept me up for almost a week but it was a good problem to have. Either way, panalo.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's no more Escape 3.0.

meron pa ba Mazda Tribute 3.0 (Escape's cousin)? i really liked that car. IMO, it was one of the best looking (very elegant) small SUV's out there. it also did well on heavy snow and heavy rain. i just wanted something lighter, quicker, faster and still had the same inclement weather capabilities, so i went with the Forester.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not sure about the Tribby 3.0, but I'm pretty sure it's gone, too.

The Escape-Tribute twins are great to drive, good handling, secure, etcetera... but the new CR-V is just awesome. From driving it, it feels much more secure (less understeer, less stiffness, but still firm) than the previous CRV, and the 2.0 is very efficient for a gasoline engine.

A Tucson or a Sportage would be a good deal. I'm kind of meh about Korean transmissions, but their diesel engines are top-notch. They're a bit small compared to other CR-V class vehicles, and driving dynamics are just average, but they're good value for money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i like the outlander too but it's out of my budget already. i'm really hating myself right now but i just saw the hyundai tucson 2.0 crdi and i think it's great.priced just about the same as the escape but with better specs and fuel efficient too...(still have to check the fording capability though) i've been concentrating so much on the japan and american cars(thinking like most people that it's more reliable) that i totally missed out on this one.i've been reading the long thread here about the tucson and alot of them likes this car so i'm revising my preconceived notions about korean cars.what do you guys think? i think the forester is too expensive to maintain in the long run...not to mention complicated, so now my choice is between the escape and tucson...and both have promos that will expire at the end of the month.hay,sorry about this but you're right ca89056, atleast this is a good problem to have

p.s.
    i'm new here so does this mean i need to change the subject on this thread?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    well while you're at it, you can look at the cousins of your short-list: mazda tribute and kia sportage.

at least this way, you can really be sure you've chosen well since you've explored most available choices at your budget

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dami talagang choices pag dating sa CUV. Ina-assume ko lang na inalis na nung TS yung iba for his/her own reasons kaya it's the escape vs FXT na lang. Totoo, I think the escape's weakest point would probably be the tranny -- this would probably be the weakest point ng Korea cuv's too. Pero they ALL have weaknesses. Even the Outie's build quality and after sales can be questioned. Yung FXT naman, back seat space at maka-lumang design.

In the end, thorough knowledge, a test drive, and proper priorities should make the buyer happy, kaya I hope he/she is still reading this.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yup.still reading this and i'm a SHE i don't see that many reviews on escape in this site. i guess there's not much escape owners here unlike tucson.anyway,thanks alot guys

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsten View Post
    i don't see that many reviews on escape in this site. i guess there's not much escape owners here
    visit http://forum.fordclubph.com, you'll find the peeps there very accommodating

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ford Escape vs. Subaru Forester