New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem is... the latest IQS survey has 217 questions... and the return of the survey form is strictly voluntary... thus... if you have nothing to complain about, you're less likely to take the trouble to fill it out and send it back than if the car's a big pain in the *** or if it's so much fun, you don't really pay attention to the survey and give the car a perfect score.
    the marketing research term for that effect is response bias. response bias impacts every survey element about the same, so for all intents and purposes, you can assume it doesn't exist. the only way to eliminate response bias is to take a census.

in other words, don't worry about Toyota fanbois messing up your survey because the Honda and Nissan fanbois will chime in with their opinions too and cancel them out

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wala naman kasi sa thread title yung word na INITIAL eh. Palagay ko importante yun. We've had 1 Ford in our history. Though it wasn't that bad, hindi pa nauulit.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    JDPowers is a survey sent out to vehicle owners by mail. The owners are encouraged to fill them out and send them back. Sample size is usually between 40 - 100 thousand owners.

There is a questionnaire with items regarding different areas of performance, such as fuel economy, ride, sound system, etcetera, asking the respondents how well they like their new car.

The problem is... the latest IQS survey has 217 questions... and the return of the survey form is strictly voluntary... thus... if you have nothing to complain about, you're less likely to take the trouble to fill it out and send it back than if the car's a big pain in the *** or if it's so much fun, you don't really pay attention to the survey and give the car a perfect score.

It's more instructive to look at the breakdown of the survey to find out why a particular car scored low overall.
    I remember filling out a JD Powers new car survey when we bought our 2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 back in Aug 2005. It had something like 40 questions at most, maybe less and all specific to the car. it's almost 2 years old and all I can say is that we're still quite happy with the car.

Back to Ford......... I can't really vouch for the quality of Ford's new cars. But, we did examine closely some of the cars at the showroom of the dealer that services our Contour. We'll skip the GT, he he. We looked over a supercharged Saleen Mustang GT and a regular Mustang GT convertible. The build quality of the Saleen was fine. The Mustang GT convertible was notably subpar with uneven gaps between doors and panels. That may be an isolated case though. It may have been put through some rough driving. A V6 Mustang convertible was fine.

We also looked at the Fusion which probably had the best build quality of all the Ford cars we looked at. At one point, we've thought about replacing our Contour with an AWD Fusion once Ford re-engines it with a more powerful V6. But since we're expecting another kid, we're back in the minivan market.... oh well.

Where I think Ford is pushing hardest is service. I'm not sure about other Ford dealers elsewhere. But our Ford dealer has gone all out and it seems many people here appreciate it. It certainly had us thinking about remaining Ford customers. But, they quit making minivans. So, we'll have to look elsewhere.
    I'm not sure if this is standard fare. But, we like the effort on Ford's part:

* Free shuttle van ride from dealer to home/anywhere in town and vice versa. You let em know where you're at in town and they'll pick you up.

* Complimentary free pastries/hot coffee/bottled water. There's also well-stocked vending machines

* For those who wants a hot sandwich/breakfast, there's a full-blown eatery inside the waiting building. It's not a waiting room anymore

* Several 42" pioneer plasma tv's with full cable tv

* Very nice and comfortable leather couches to sit on while watching tv

* A glass-enclosed computer room with several Dell pc's and full broadband internet capability.

* Of course, the showroom is also right there with Ford's flagship vehicles along with the accessory store. The salesmen's cubicles are tucked away in a corner near the front entrance.

My daughter who before was never one to accompany me when we drop off the Contour (for an oil change/tune up) now always come with me just so she can get on one of the pc's.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 13th, 2007 at 06:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I remember filling out a JD Powers new car survey when we bought our 2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 back in Aug 2005. It had something like 40 questions at most, maybe less and all specific to the car. it's almost 2 years old and all I can say is that we're still quite happy with the car.

Back to Ford......... I can't really vouch for the quality of Ford's new cars. But, we did examine closely some of the cars at the showroom of the dealer that services our Contour. We'll skip the GT, he he. We looked over a supercharged Saleen Mustang GT and a regular Mustang GT convertible. The build quality of the Saleen was fine. The Mustang GT convertible was notably subpar with uneven gaps between doors and panels. That may be an isolated case though. It may have been put through some rough driving. A V6 Mustang convertible was fine.

We also looked at the Fusion which probably had the best build quality of all the Ford cars we looked at. At one point, we've thought about replacing our Contour with an AWD Fusion once Ford re-engines it with a more powerful V6. But since we're expecting another kid, we're back in the minivan market.... oh well.

Where I think Ford is pushing hardest is service. I'm not sure about other Ford dealers elsewhere. But our Ford dealer has gone all out and it seems many people here appreciate it. It certainly had us thinking about remaining Ford customers. But, they quit making minivans. So, we'll have to look elsewhere.
    I'm not sure if this is standard fare. But, we like the effort on Ford's part:

* Free shuttle van ride from dealer to home/anywhere in town and vice versa. You let em know where you're at in town and they'll pick you up.

* Complimentary free pastries/hot coffee/bottled water. There's also well-stocked vending machines

* For those who wants a hot sandwich/breakfast, there's a full-blown eatery inside the waiting building. It's not a waiting room anymore

* Several 42" pioneer plasma tv's with full cable tv

* Very nice and comfortable leather couches to sit on while watching tv

* A glass-enclosed computer room with several Dell pc's and full broadband internet capability.

* Of course, the showroom is also right there with Ford's flagship vehicles along with the accessory store. The salesmen's cubicles are tucked away in a corner near the front entrance.

My daughter who before was never one to accompany me when we drop off the Contour (for an oil change/tune up) now always come with me just so she can get on one of the pc's.

hehe. Parang ganyan din ang feeling ko the first time Honda showrooms had super nice waiting rooms -- until I realized I still prefer NOT to have maintenance and repair issues. haha.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    hehe. Parang ganyan din ang feeling ko the first time Honda showrooms had super nice waiting rooms -- until I realized I still prefer NOT to have maintenance and repair issues. haha.
    We haven't had any other Ford besides our 1995 Contour. It seems to buck the trend of other Contours or any other Fords because it hasn't had any issues whatsoever until last year when the front passenger side automatic lock started malfunctioning. Other than that, it's been the regularly scheduled maintenance that we've brought the Contour in.

Same goes for our neighbor who owns an F-150. It's not as old as our Contour. But, he hadn't had any issues either. The husband of my wife's cousin has an Expedition. Same thing.

The nice service center here in Town does make people feel at home and certainly, I know a few people who have remained Ford customers because of it. We probably would too. But, circumstances dictate we need to trade in our Contour for a minivan which means going elsewhere.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Those 'recalls' worldwide also made Toyota marginally declined its' reputation, tsk tsk!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    A vehicle's warranty will be voided if one brings their recently purchased vehicle for repair or warranty claims to a non casa repair shop/talyer.The owners of the Civics need to bring their rides to any Honda dealer or "Casa" to avail of their warranty.
    yes, kinda ironic, isnt it? pero that's what they told me. most bring their new cars just to have those defects repaired. anyway, is there a way that the casa will know if the vehicle has been serviced in a non-casa shop (given that original parts were used as replacement)?

di nga rin ako makapaniwala, unless of course the casa says that there are no parts available or sobrang matatagalan ang repair. pero they should've brought the car to the casa to avail of its warranty, even if it may take sometime to repair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ford beats Toyota in quality rankings