New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The PRado is easier to sell down the road. Heck, owners are getting bugged by offers even on units they aren't planning to sell. It's a Land Cruiser. People buy them even if they are flooded, involved in a crash, had engine trouble, etc. I guess because Land Cruisers are easy to restore and they are worth restoring. They did not become status symbols just by being fashionable or techie. They are well built. And it's one reason, Land Cruisers are a popular platform for armoring, modifying for different vocations (fire trucks, ambulances, police vehicles, etc.). Why these units are driving around in Morocco, Iraq, Pakistan, etc.? It's a good truck to the core.

A 1997 LC80 can still fetch Php1M in today's market. Even a 2001 Nissan Patrol can't match that.

The Explorer can be sold down the road, its not that hard but you will really feel the depreciation.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

I would actually prefer to get a diesel SUV, but among the Prado and the Explorer I would get the Prado anyway.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Prado it is!
    Hopefully that gets in first.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Prado it is!
    Hopefully that gets in first.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The PRado is easier to sell down the road. Heck, owners are getting bugged by offers even on units they aren't planning to sell. It's a Land Cruiser. People buy them even if they are flooded, involved in a crash, had engine trouble, etc. I guess because Land Cruisers are easy to restore and they are worth restoring. They did not become status symbols just by being fashionable or techie. They are well built. And it's one reason, Land Cruisers are a popular platform for armoring, modifying for different vocations (fire trucks, ambulances, police vehicles, etc.). Why these units are driving around in Morocco, Iraq, Pakistan, etc.? It's a good truck to the core.

A 1997 LC80 can still fetch Php1M in today's market. Even a 2001 Nissan Patrol can't match that.

The Explorer can be sold down the road, its not that hard but you will really feel the depreciation.
    Prices for LC80s are insane. You can now, finally, FINALLY get an LC80 at under 700k, but great condition ones are still in the 800-900 range.

As secondhand prices for LC80s and Suzuki Jimnys show... people really appreciate a truck that can really go off-road...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ive actually seen both interiors and I find the Explorers interiors way way better than the Prado...performance wise is where Im clueless.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir tanong ko lang bakit kailangan gas-powered yung suv? kasi pag gas-powered suv talagang medjo mababa ang resale value kaysa sa diesel counterpart niya. mas mahirap din siyang ibenta. 2 centimos ko lang

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    The reason for choosing gasoline is coz its cheaper...Prado difference is about 800t between gas and diesel...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The D4D Prado kasi talaga is a bit too expensive especially considering that you can get the LC200 by just adding 500k. The lowest priced diesel SUV in this segment that you can get is the Pajero 3.2DID at 2.75M SRP, next is the Veracruz 3.0V6 CRDi at 2.8M SRP. I'd recommend you add a bit and get either of the two and you can save a lot in your gas bills and it may be much easier to sell in the future. You may want to get the Pajero if you are keen on selling it in the near future and the Veracruz if it is for keeps. The two are much like the comparison between the Prado and the Explorer. (Prado:Pajero and Explorer:Veracruz)

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sorry dont really like the Mitsubishi or Hyundai brand...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ford 2012 explorer vs toyota prado gasoline