New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsix View Post
    I dont consider the new Explorer after I have seen it in the flesh. I think Ford downgraded its SUV quality: no hydraulic engine hood, no side step board, very low ground clearance, no power tilt & telescopic steering, the body is too wide for local street and parking area...
    Mas class ang Prado kaysa Explorer.
    Step boards? You only need that to climb up to tall cars. The body wide but fair enough for Philippine Streets and for mall parkings. The Expedition is larger but people drivin' it doesn't complain that much. It all boils down to the driver. If you're used driving a Kia Picanto jumping to any 7 seater SUV, you'll really have a hard time.

----

My vote goes to the Explorer as the TS is more keen to city drivin'

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Just thought that the Prado was better coz there seems to be a lot of them around compared to the Explorer...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ciotime View Post
    Just thought that the Prado was better coz there seems to be a lot of them around compared to the Explorer...
    Kasi yung Prado ay
    - Naunang lumabas dito
    - Toyota
    - Land Cruiser
    - Status symbol
    - Iba dating pag naka-LC

Yung Explorer bago palang. May ibang dealers na ayaw pa magbenta kasi inuubos pa yung OLD Explorer.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    both are actually pretty good cars..
    but my vote is
    Explorer just because of it being "new" to the market...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    What about the re-sale value? i would think that the Prado would be easier to sell down the road dont you think?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ciotime View Post
    What about the re-sale value? i would think that the Prado would be easier to sell down the road dont you think?
    Yes. Prado is easier to sell. Also more expensive. Mataas ang resale value ng mga Land Cruiser.

Pero wag mo muna isipin ang resale, hindi pa nga nakakabili pagbenta na agad.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    I know...I just dont wanna have a problem selling it 5-7 years from now.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Im just trying to look at the BIG picture

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Prado pag plano mo i-resell down the road in 5 years.

Explorer pag plano mo i-resell by 7th year, since konti lng difference ng prices.

Now, pag tumaas ang presyo ng gas by then, you might as well buy a diesel SUV or a small car.

Yan ang bigger picture.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Oh well since both SUVs have a long waiting list I guess I'll just wait and think about it for a while...Have a reservation on a Prado since May and still Im nummber 11 on the list....might make a reservation on the Explorer also and just see which one arrives first.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ford 2012 explorer vs toyota prado gasoline