New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Diesel is priced higher in countries like Australia and the US to discourage people from using it. Obviously, it's cheaper to produce this than gasoline, being among the first by-products of oil refining. I'm not sure though if the processes and/or additives involved in countries like the UK where diesel is encouraged, make it more expensive than regular gasoline overall.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by e2fee View Post
    If the sulfur is US diesel is 15 ppm, I wonder what it is in Philippines.
    I venture to guess that it is equal to or more than the previous US requirement of 500ppm. The new lower sulfur content diesel required the gas companies to change their refining and storage facilities to produce the new diesel. So it only started late this year that sulfur content was required be at 15ppm, which is also why Dodge stopped selling the diesel version of Liberty for 2006 models. They will bring it back when the new Blue Tec diesel engines by Mercedes/Chrysler is introduced next year in the US. As far as emission control in the Philippines it's a joke, since no law actually requires that all manufactured vehicles have a cat converter. If they ever made that a law and required all vehicles on the road to have an emission control device then traffic would disappear since all the jeepneys would fail.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    we have an 02 jetta 1.9 gls tdi and the i can very well confirm the figures reflected on the report though its also true that diesel in the US costs more than premium gasoline :rant:

performance-wise however, i love the generous torque and handling dynamics :thumbup:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, diesel is also more expensive in Europe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Forbes Top 10 Most Fuel-Efficient Cars 2006