New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think it's the 1ZZ-FE (1.6 - 1.8) for the new one. Very fuel efficient, even in AT, but not exactly Jazz territory...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    even some old diesel cars can get better mileage than some of those on the list..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    US diesel will have very low sulfur content next year, up to the end of this year it is 500ppm and next year it will be 15ppm for highway diesel(cars and trucks). Diesel also sell for about .25 to .40 more per gallon than regular unleaded, which is why most people here don't use diesel.
    So does this mean the diesel in Philippines is dirtier than in US, since it is cheaper than gasoline?

Saving on fuel but spending more money and time on health problems, cleaning things exposed to the air, and dying earlier?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sadly. Our diesel isn't comparable to the ultra-low sulfur diesel of Europe.

Our emissions regulations are pathetic, considering it's easy to cheat on the tests... but even if you don't cheat, it's amazing what passes here. I still don't believe that our smoke-belching Isuzu Crosswind actually passes emissions (but it does).

If you want to die early? I think the best place to go is Beijing or Mexico... but Manila is getting there...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the Accent, Getz and Matrix CRDis can beat those!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I'd gladly take it up my A** CRDI is my official religion.

:fly:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by e2fee View Post
    So does this mean the diesel in Philippines is dirtier than in US, since it is cheaper than gasoline?

Saving on fuel but spending more money and time on health problems, cleaning things exposed to the air, and dying earlier?

For Posterity...

:fly:

*niky Hey at least we are catching up on something.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    :lol: Too true. Maybe we'll catch up with Beijing in terms of road accidents too. In just the few years they've had cars, they've surpassed us completely...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I wonder what years those cars are? What speeds were done for city and what speeds for highway driving?

The Fit only has 1.5L engines here in the US (we testdrove one, ok rin siya).

1. Honda Insight, 60/66
    2. Toyota Prius, 60/55
    3. Honda Civic GX (natural gas), 28/39
    4. Toyota Camry Hybrid, 40/38
    5. Toyota Yaris hatch/sedan, 34/40
    6. VW New Beetle diesel, 37/44
    7. Toyota Corolla, 32/41
    8. Honda Fit, 33/38
    9. VW Jetta diesel, 36/41
    10. Ford Escape Hybrid and scion xA, 32/37

The ones marked in bold have either a hybrid/gas-electric system. Some diesels of back then, like a member posted, can still get better fuel mileage than those.

Bakit top 3 yung natural gas Civic? Siya na yata pinakamababang city MPG and 3rd lowest highway MPG.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If the sulfur is US diesel is 15 ppm, I wonder what it is in Philippines.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Forbes Top 10 Most Fuel-Efficient Cars 2006