New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nubie_yahero View Post
    Thanks sa lahat. Medyo natagalan sa pag reply. Anyway,I increased my budget and obtained a fresh 03 CRV .

I have a question para sa lahat ng may 03 model. I drive 20km everyday, back and forth,
    ( 5 kms dun, city driving )
    Mas nakaka tipid ba ako sa petrol kung in between 1100-1500 rpm ang odometer ko while cruising 5th gear o dapat mag downshift ako para maintained sa 2000 rpm. Medyo winding road kaya hindi ko din gaano binibilisan.

Thanks sa lahat ng mag rereply.
    Correction, tachometer pala.hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Masyado mababa rpm mo baka mahirapan makina baka mawala ka sa bwelo, kung pababa ok lang pero kung medyo paakyat o pa arangkada 2k rpm or more.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nubie_yahero View Post
    Thanks sa lahat. Medyo natagalan sa pag reply. Anyway,I increased my budget and obtained a fresh 03 CRV .
    I liked the roomy interior and power.Normal ba na medyo matigas ang suspension?
    Nag manual na ako dahil sa lakas ng consumption ng 2nd gen lalo na kung automatic pa. Pinag driving school ko na lang wife para masanay sa manual shift. Sana makuha agad ni misis yung efficient driving style.

I have a question para sa lahat ng may 03 model. I drive 20km everyday, back and forth,
    ( 5 kms dun, city driving )
    Mas nakaka tipid ba ako sa petrol kung in between 1100-1500 rpm ang odometer ko while cruising 5th gear o dapat mag downshift ako para maintained sa 2000 rpm. Medyo winding road kaya hindi ko din gaano binibilisan.

Thanks sa lahat ng mag rereply.
    I guess if you are cruising, the lower the rpm, the better. If you are able to cruise at 1100-1500rpm, then you are at experiencing the epitome of that car's fuel efficiency. In ciy driving, shifting at 1800-2000rpm should be great. Lower shift points might result to loss of transmission pressure (yun nga ba tawag dun?) commonly evidenced by shuddering.

As a family commuter the CR-V seems to be more suitable than the Vitara. But the RAV4 is also a nice option because it compromises less the off-road ability than the CR-V.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I guess if you are cruising, the lower the rpm, the better. If you are able to cruise at 1100-1500rpm, then you are at experiencing the epitome of that car's fuel efficiency. In ciy driving, shifting at 1800-2000rpm should be great. Lower shift points might result to loss of transmission pressure (yun nga ba tawag dun?) commonly evidenced by shuddering.

Hehehe. I often tell my passengers that they will experience a boring drive while with me. "As needed" lang kung magamit ko yung respectable power ng crv ko. Seriously, tinuturuan ko kasi talaga si misis sa safe and efficient driving lalo na at beginner siya . Teaching by example.

Thanks sa lahat ng nag reply.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

This one looks cool, but at least for me it's quite meaningless to lower any SUV, CUV or AUV.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    CR-V pa rin ako. Looks are better than the RAV which is quite dull looking and parts wont be a problem since it's also readily available. Baka nga mas marami pang parts yung CRV vs. RAV kasi medyo " rare " yung 1st gen rav4's nowadays compared to the CRV.

Pampagana lang ...

compare mo naman yan dito ...

:bwahaha:
    ive always liked the 1st gen CRV. classic look and elegant. I didnt realize it would look so good with those sporty rims and naka lowered ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123