New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hello Tsikot Family.

We are currently deciding between the following:
    - 2018/2019 Toyota Innova 2.8 AT (Diesel)
    - 2018 Mitsubishi Montero Sports 2.4 GLS AT 2WD (Diesel)

I deliberately omitted the variant options as my request for feedback will be on the following:
    - Approximate average fuel consumption (Km/l): Daily drive including rush hour and when out of town/long drive
    - Quality of ride/suspension
    - PMS/Maintenance cost - what is your average PMS bill
    - After sales service survey (CASA): actual experience - Very good, satisfactory, needs improvement, poor, terrible
    - Did you encounter any issues with your unit? If yes, please share the info

For those who owns both or have driven both - which one has better overall performance (driving-wise - i.e. driver comfort, ease of driving, power)

P.S. We have test drives scheduled for both units but soliciting for feedback here based actual owners experience for additional reference

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    subscribing...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by levisph View Post
    Hello Tsikot Family.

We are currently deciding between the following:
    - 2018/2019 Toyota Innova 2.8 AT (Diesel)
    - 2018 Mitsubishi Montero Sports 2.4 GLS AT 2WD (Diesel)

I deliberately omitted the variant options as my request for feedback will be on the following:
    - Approximate average fuel consumption (Km/l): Daily drive including rush hour and when out of town/long drive
    - After sales service survey (CASA): actual experience - Very good, satisfactory, needs improvement, poor, terrible

For those who owns both or have driven both - which one has better overall performance (driving-wise - i.e. driver comfort, ease of driving, power)

P.S. We have test drives scheduled for both units but soliciting for feedback here based actual owners experience for additional reference

Thank you!
    Daily drive equal lang siguro. Long drive, magbenefit siguro Montero due to long gearing
    Depends on your route
    Same lang
    Depends on the CASA and advisor. may ibang ok, may iba needs big improvement
    Innova naghihimulmol yung ceiling

Ang hirap ng choices mo kasi parehong ok. Pero i'll lean towards the innova.

Ako lang ata ang nasa mid-20's na gustong magdrive ng innova

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I drive my parents' innova from time to time, while we have a montero.

I don't have the numbers for fuel consumption, they're just much cheaper to run coming from decades of owning only gasoline cars and budget crunching heheh. Quality of ride, the innova has a more boat like feel and has more body roll, noticeable on slow speeds and on the highway. They are running it with 30 psi, while I run my car with 34 psi, for reference. If you're not happy with the suspension, swap out the shock absorbers. =)

PMS costs, not too far off. Ranging from 5k to 10k pesos. Still have to do 20k PMS for both which should be more expensive, guesstimate is at 13 to 20k.

CASA experience : Make more friends.

Issues : None so far for both, thankfully.

The innova has more oomph with a lot of torque available at the low rpm range. The power mode for the innova isn't really needed, unless you're fully loaded; i think its overkill. I like its power to weight ratio, it feels and is much lighter to drive. Haven't driven the innova beyond 120 km/h; no feedback on the top speed comparison. The driving position comfort in the innova is better due to central console of the montero. IMO, Montero is more stable at speed and I prefer its ride over rough roads and potholes.

You won't go wrong eitherway. Just keep in mind that the innova's passengers will be more comfortable since it has better space and getting in and out of the car is easier. The discount that Mitsubishi is giving out these days is crazy though, around 1.5m for the premium model, which is cheaper than pre-train law prices.

Consider the Nissan Terra too.
    Last edited by Calistro; March 29th, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Thank you for the feedback Sleepcare and Calisto. Appreciate it.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Just to close this out - we decided to get the GLS Premium due to the following:
    - Ride comfort
    - More safety features (electronic driving aids, additional airbags)
    - March 2019 promo pricing

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by levisph View Post
    Just to close this out - we decided to get the GLS Premium due to the following:
    - Ride comfort
    - More safety features (electronic driving aids, additional airbags)
    - March 2019 promo pricing
    hello Levisph ... any issues on your new GLS ?...

thanks...

Feedback from owners please: 2016-18 Montero Sport 2.4 GLS AT 2WD and 2016-2018 Innova 2.8 AT Diesel