New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    For a mere 30+whp boost you have to cough up 200+k... With a CRDi turbodiesel, the chip alone can already achieve this level of power increase. Damage of only 30k.
    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Given the Mirage 1.2 started with 78hp. A gain of 30 hp is almost 50% over stock HP. And when I say performance, I am not talking just straight line speeds. I am also including how fast the vehicle can corner. And I am not talking about cars with coffee can mufflers so your hearing will not be in any danger.

And like I said, I am just suggesting it based on the requirements of the original thread starter.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Fiesta has a heavy chassis, around 1100+ kg. It weighs as much as older compacts. The Jazz is a few kilograms lighter, around 1090kg. Whatever disadvantage the Fiesta's weight has against other subcompacts, it easily offsets with the amount of torque its 1.0L turbo engine produces. The heavier chassis does offer some advantages as the car feels stable at high speeds (160-180 kmh).
    The Ford Fiesta is a chunky little car for it's class but the 1.0 ecoboost engine produces 125hp and a lot of torque as well, enough to more than offset the few kiliograms penalty. It was a fun little car when I was test driving it on the roads of Thailand some years back.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    What’s up with people thinking the Jazz is only a “decent” performer?

Honda jazz:
    2017 Honda Jazz VTi (manual) 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

0-100km/h in 8.89 seconds. That’s faster than a 2.0L Mazda3.

Mazda3
    2016 Mazda3 Touring (auto) 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by spectr View Post
    A Mirage handles well at high speeds or when pushed around corners. This car is good at communicating with the driver, even when bone stock.
    What mirage are we talking about here? G4 or hatch? Pushed around corners, and you are asking for body roll galore on this puny car.
    By handling at high speed, do you mean you dont correct the steering wheel everytime for minute changes or sudden wind gust?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678