New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I doubt Nissan can bring in Infiniti at the moment, but it'd be intriguing to see at least on "premium" dealership go up here. The local volume might not support this, though... I mean, Ferrari might be able to get away with selling just a handful of cars every year (simply because the price guarantees oodles of profit), but I doubt Infiniti can do it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    I agree with your theories, perhaps the Fuga is too expensive to bring in..

However, I just don't understand the thought process why the "Cefiro" badge was dropped when there are still a lot of loyalists out there. The Teana could have been the new Cefiro just like what Singapore did. Hirap rin pag na drop na yung model ng auto mo, it becomes associated with an era all of a sudden

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They thought they'd make a clean break, because the "Cefiro" is seen as being "old".

Unfortunately... keeping the name would've done more good than putting in such an awkward one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i had a look-see of the teana before it was launched in Manila. we drove it over the nissan test-lane. everything's fine with me, the ride is good, engine's not deficient but the price tag is a bummer.

i won't pay that much for plastic interior.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, sticking with the "Cefiro" name would probably have been better for Nissan. I would think the buying public would have been a bit more warmly accepting of a newer version of the same model line, despite coming in late, rather than a late version of a totally different model line.

I've seen a white Teana this afternoon. Didn't quite call out to me, unlike the Camry that I saw a few moments after.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The Design of Nissan Executive Cars. One Design is still remain to compare with Teana. In USA the model is Altima. Nissan Maxima in US is like an design of Nissan Sport Car 350Z. In our shore name Nissan Teana. In other countries in asia there name Cefiro in Singapore and Tianlin in China. Sister brand of Nissan Infiniti there also one design to be compare with Teana.

Have you notice that only one design of Teana and other model of Nissan?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by acesanbuena View Post
    The Design of Nissan Executive Cars. One Design is still remain to compare with Teana. In USA the model is Altima. Nissan Maxima in US is like an design of Nissan Sport Car 350Z. In our shore name Nissan Teana. In other countries in asia there name Cefiro in Singapore and Tianlin in China. Sister brand of Nissan Infiniti there also one design to be compare with Teana.

Have you notice that only one design of Teana and other model of Nissan?
    sir it's normal for the car manufacturers to re-badge/rename their vehicles for different markets.

my main beef with nissan why do they always have to be so consevative when designing?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read through the thread, and most (not all) have been leaning to the Camry as a better choice. The place where I live now, I see Camry everywhere, there are more Camry than an Altis. On my way to office which is 45-min drive, if I look at the window I could see a Camry every 3-5 min, and these models are from 2005-2011, so pretty new. So to my eyes the Camry is a daily commuter and driven, and ordinary. One time I saw a Teana, its looks simply more of a head turner because I don't see it often. In fact have seen 2 or 3 only. So now am being more curious how the Teana performs, and by looks alone it is more prestige and preserved.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Face off: TOYOTA CAMRY V6 vs. NISSAN TEANA