New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yung mazda 6, hindi naman " executive " yun eh. Itsura pa lang, kita mo na. " sporty " sedan sha, di siya executive. ;)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    yung mazda 6, hindi naman " executive " yun eh. Itsura pa lang, kita mo na. " sporty " sedan sha, di siya executive. ;)
    LOL neither is the Camry! Mid-Size sedan ang classification sa kanya. REAL executive Sedan IMO are the BMW 7 series.

Pero dahil 3rd world country tayo, well we can say na executive sedan na rin ang camry because sa ganoong price range may kamahalan na.

Both Camry and Mazda 6 are considered MID-SIZED sedans.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    define much smaller? last time i checked the Camry was only 3 inches longer and an inch wider than the mazda 6.

also the volvo s40 is narrower than the mazda 6 while having almost the same length. however the interior dimensions of the mazda 6 is bigger than the s40 which makes it a better 2nd choice.
    I am not measuring the outside of the car. I am more interested in the seating space inside the car. Among other things, the legroom and seating width.

dont get me wrong, the camry is a nice car but theres no more executive feel to it. its as common as the FD. Everytime I drop off my mom in shang mall I can see six or five camrys lining up
    If that is what you see, then fault the local market that it doesn't give the Filipino motorist more practical & affordable choices as compared to other countries.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    LOL neither is the Camry! Mid-Size sedan ang classification sa kanya. REAL executive Sedan IMO are the BMW 7 series.

Pero dahil 3rd world country tayo, well we can say na executive sedan na rin ang camry because sa ganoong price range may kamahalan na.

Both Camry and Mazda 6 are considered MID-SIZED sedans.
    Ang sabi ko, ITSURA not the classification of the vehicle. Yung dating ng kotse kumbaga.

Yung mazda 6, hindi talaga executive ang dating niya PARA SAKIN eh, sporty talaga yung itsura niya, while the Camry has the looks para maging executive. Hindi man as a whole, a fraction of it.

Since magkaiba ang POV natin, we can't please each other nor convince each other na sporty ang ganito at executive ang ganun. For you, Mazda 6 ang executive ... then so be it, i`ll respect your opinion. ;)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If that is what you see, then fault the local market that it doesn't give the Filipino motorist more practical & affordable choices as compared to other countries.
    Rightly so. But over the years, the choices have increased. Albeit very good selections. Competition is a key element.

Going back to topic, if legroom is an issue to the TS the Camry is indeed bigger. It all depends on whether the TS will drive the vehicle himself or not.

A Mazda 6 (or even a Legacy which I also like) is meant to be driven by the owner. The Camry however is a bore to drive -- I mean really really boring.

People with above average height (6" above) will find the extra legroom of the Camry super. People with normal height will be just fine in a Mazda 6

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ang sabi ko, ITSURA not the classification of the vehicle. Yung dating ng kotse kumbaga.

Yung mazda 6, hindi talaga executive ang dating niya PARA SAKIN eh, sporty talaga yung itsura niya, while the Camry has the looks para maging executive. Hindi man as a whole, a fraction of it.

Since magkaiba ang POV natin, we can't please each other nor convince each other na sporty ang ganito at executive ang ganun. For you, Mazda 6 ang executive ... then so be it, i`ll respect your opinion. ;)
    Well I will no longer comment on what looks executive or not because evidently that topic is subjective. Neither of the TS selections are executive sedans by formal classification.

I'm not here to convince you. I'm simply here to suggest an alternative to the TS. Hindi naman ikaw ang bibili eh. LOL.

Also I never said Mazda 6 "looks" executive. Try to backread. Not once did I mention Mazda 6 to be executive sedan. It is a mid-sized sedan, let there be no mistake that the Camry is in the SAME league.

But the TS said... will be used by an Executive. I assume he will drive it himself... Which is more fun to drive? For me, kung executive ka at naka-barong ka lagi abah baka mapagkalaman ka pang driver if your handling a Camry.

Therefore... Mazda 6

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1) Value for money = Camry/Volvo
    2) Gasoline mileage = Camry
    3) Build quality and Maintenance costs = Camry
    4) Porma image = Volvo (S50)
    5) Resale value = Camry
    6) Ride comfort =Camry/Volvo

My opinion, if the office will pay for the maintenance & the depreciation I'd go for the Volvo. If maintenance & depreciation will be coming from your own pocket and you're going to keep the car, I'd go for the Camry.
    But for the experience, I'd go for the Volvo.
    Camry will always be around the corner.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rightly so. But over the years, the choices have increased. Albeit very good selections. Competition is a key element.
    Not many good selections have arrived yet in the mid-sized sedan market where the Camry is part of. Most of the time, car makers are busy offering more SUVs than mid-sized sedans.

Going back to topic, if legroom is an issue to the TS the Camry is indeed bigger. It all depends on whether the TS will drive the vehicle himself or not.
    Leg room at the front & rear will be an issue might the TS be driving the car himself or be letting a driver do it for him. You don't want to buy a car for the purpose of being an executive sedan and end up with tight legroom, right?

A Mazda 6 (or even a Legacy which I also like) is meant to be driven by the owner. The Camry however is a bore to drive -- I mean really really boring.
    For being "boring" is rightly so. It is not a sports saloon. Never was, never will. It is a vehicle to get one from point A to B with minimal fuss and relatively good comfort with a little "show" of luxury. The Camry does that very well.

The Mazda6 on the other hand is a little snug anywhere you sit. It is mistaken often as the Mazda3 because of the similar looks and size. Although it handles better than the Camry, it is not a performance oriented car. It looks "sporty" but falls very much short of being "sporty".

As for the Legacy, although it is a car meant to be driven by the owner, the car can still be driven by a driver and the owner be seated in the spacious rear seats. Fine for a car used for work on weekdays and weekend out of town trips.

People with above average height (6" above) will find the extra legroom of the Camry super. People with normal height will be just fine in a Mazda 6
    I am 5'8" and I find the M6 rather "tight" or "snug".

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm just amused with how niky really loves the Subaru. Nakakacurious tuloy, pahiram naman Legacy, anyone?

Anyway. I agree that the Mz6 and Camry are targeted at different classes. At the 4-cylinder range, I'd pick the Mz6 as a personal choice. But not because it's an executive car. Though the Camry has more toys, it's not enough for me to consider it over the overall looks and driving performance of a Mz6. If it's a Mazda 6 vs a Camry 3.5Q though, I'd pick the 3.5Q. Bigger engine without much fuel consumption increase. It may still not have the Mz6 handling, but then again, city time > highway time > twisty roads time. But then again that's not a fair comparison.

The Volvo S40, for me, is just not a practical choice. If I want to look good and be fast, I'd get a Genesis Coupe. If I need to seat 5 and still drive well, Mazda 6. If I want to go even faster but still seat 5, there's the WRX. And if it's plushness, there's the Camry and Accord.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    GH thats very odd, I'm also 5'8" and never did I feel it was tight inside the 6. Oh well maybe I tend to be less claustrophobic. I don't think its cramped at all. Maybe a little less than you would "expect" for a midsized sedan but not cramped.

Camry is bigger but not by leaps and bounds. It's just right for a car in this class. I can understand why you would expect the same of the 6.

BTW theres a NY Times review that says Mazda 6 is roomier interiorwise than a Camry... So it may just be space perception.

For disclosure: I'm 145 lbs.
    Last edited by daimengrui; March 29th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Executive Car:  Toyota Camry vs Volvo V50 / S40