New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For a family vehicle mahirap talunin ang Starex. They started out with doubtful quality but have since improved by leaps and bounds. We've had 3 starexes -- almost always tranny ang nagkaka-problema. Yung una, after 50k kms nagkaproblema na, ang hirap pa ayusin. Yung pangalawa, umabot na ng 100k kms bago nagloko. Itong huli wala pang problem at 100K.

I suggest you get from legit sources though since weatherized na yung mga yun -- except for the tires which they refuse to improve. Kaya kung yun ang kukunin mo, ipa-trade in mo na yung orig tires even before you get the unit -- kahit local mas maganda pa.

Malayo ang ride comfort at leg room niyang dalawa na iyan. If you're not that into off-roading and 'prestige', baka nga mas matibay pa yun Starex sa Fix or Repair Daily (F.O.R.D.) eh.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    here's our family starex naka-hanging sa Baguio Botanical (last Apr). pwedeng-pwede sa akyatan

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    and here's ours parked side by side with my uncle's prado:

as you can see halos sintaas lang sila and in fact wider pa ang starex
    talo nga lang ng onti sa ground clearance, but never the less hindi ka papahiyain sa akyatan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oldblue,
    we have that same pair, side-by-side in our garage. perhaps in extreme cases, the prado will have the distinct advantage, but in most cases, despite just being a 4x2, it can hang with the Prado. if the Prado is a TMPI unit, then the Starex can give it some headaches on the straight-away.

back to the Everest-Starex comparo, if you don't need the vehicle for more extreme conditions requiring climbing capabilities and higher ground clearance, I would go with the Starex.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have a starex at home for family outings, I also recommended a Starex Pro for the office. I am impressed with the starex. I don't have a Ford. Ang dami kasing complaints. But if It is for my personal daily drive, Ayoko ng Starex, Masyadong pangpamilya. Walang Kadating dating. If I only have the 2 choices above and it is going to be my personal ride, then I would go Everest. Just imagine, hihitch iyong office mate mo na very pretty tapos dala mo starex.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yun likod ng starex sir puwede maging kama. tapos iparada sa Eagle's nest

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    dati starex ang gusto ko,ngayon di na kasi starex din ang ginamit ng ST.PETER MEMORIAL CHAPEL dito sa amin na turn off na ako. Everest na lang

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    yun likod ng starex sir puwede maging kama. tapos iparada sa Eagle's nest

He, He, he, naughty ka oldblue.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by everester62 View Post
    dati starex ang gusto ko,ngayon di na kasi starex din ang ginamit ng ST.PETER MEMORIAL CHAPEL dito sa amin na turn off na ako. Everest na lang
    Interesting to note, Arlington Funeral Homes used a black Lincoln Navigator as a hearse for the funeral of the late Fernando Poe Jr.

So, nakaka-turn off na rin ba ang Navigator porke't ginamit sa patay?
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 6th, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, everyone's got their own opinions, which I respect. I'll just throw mine in on these posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    I have a starex at home for family outings, I also recommended a Starex Pro for the office. I am impressed with the starex. I don't have a Ford. Ang dami kasing complaints. But if It is for my personal daily drive, Ayoko ng Starex, Masyadong pangpamilya. Walang Kadating dating. If I only have the 2 choices above and it is going to be my personal ride, then I would go Everest. Just imagine, hihitch iyong office mate mo na very pretty tapos dala mo starex.
    Hehehe! The Starex, by virtue of being a van, does somewhat reduce the "astig/suave" factor. Not too many girls will appreciate the wonders of the CRDi powerplant. Perhaps you can recondition the pretty officemate's mind by kicking a riced out ride driven by Mr. Suave? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Interesting to note, Arlington Funeral Homes used a black Lincoln Navigator as a hearse for the funeral of the late Fernando Poe Jr.

So, nakaka-turn off na rin ba ang Navigator porke't ginamit sa patay?
    Well, to some people, a car model that's been commissioned as a taxi decreases its value, while to others, it's a good measure of durability and lowering of spare parts prices. To me, if I did live near Arlington and saw that Starex hearse on a regular basis, I'd probably share the same opinion and avoid it. But since I don't live near Arlington, and the only Starexes I see on a regular basis are SVX CRDi's, then I recommend it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Everest vs Starex