New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Great99 View Post
    Ask din sana ako if ano marerecommend...brand new foton tornado 4.4c or reconditioned japan surplus npr? For water truck sana..
    Go for japan brand para wala ka sakit sa ulo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    If budget po ang concern..what could be the best option..to buy foton tornado 4.4c or a japan surplus trucks...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Great99 View Post
    Ask din sana ako if ano marerecommend...brand new foton tornado 4.4c or reconditioned japan surplus npr? For water truck sana..
    A Japan surplus is still better than brand new China

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    A Japan surplus is still better than brand new China
    Had a conversation with a trucker who operates a number of them while our cars aircon were being cleaned,I brought this topic of why not buy brand new china made trucks instead of buying surplus japan made trucks. He told me that based on experience of fellow truckers who got these china made trucks,ok siya for a number of months but once nasiraan na,they need to buy the parts from the casa and hindi kaagad agad magkakaroon.Familiarity also is another concern,most of the truckers and their drivers are already very familiar with the japan made trucks,such that they know the ins and outs of it na ie trouble shooting etc. But with the china made trucks,kailangan pa nilang aralin at kailangan pa nila ma experience kung anuman yun para matuto...which is malaking abala for them.

Sent from my vivo 1819 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The problem is that the new Euro 4 Fotons are not Isuzu clones anymore. No more easily sourced Japan replacement parts. It would probably be a few more years yet before the market has sufficient spare parts to feasibly operate these Fotons. And this is if these trucks would even last until then, taking into consideration typical dodgy Chinese build quality.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reddik2017 View Post
    Had a conversation with a trucker who operates a number of them while our cars aircon were being cleaned,I brought this topic of why not buy brand new china made trucks instead of buying surplus japan made trucks. He told me that based on experience of fellow truckers who got these china made trucks,ok siya for a number of months but once nasiraan na,they need to buy the parts from the casa and hindi kaagad agad magkakaroon.Familiarity also is another concern,most of the truckers and their drivers are already very familiar with the japan made trucks,such that they know the ins and outs of it na ie trouble shooting etc. But with the china made trucks,kailangan pa nilang aralin at kailangan pa nila ma experience kung anuman yun para matuto...which is malaking abala for them.

Sent from my vivo 1819 using Tapatalk

The drivers that he was mentioning must have an experience on old surplus japan that are mechanical. Japanese trucks today, or even some surplus trucks are not purely mechanical but have electrical controls to meet pollution standards in japan (i think 2008 and above). Once there are issues connected to electricals, i doubt if them drivers would say the same. My company bought a surplus japan that is not purely mechanical and they had trouble with it when it went into limp mode and different warning lights lit up. It turns out that it is only the wiring but a reputable electrician i know had to fix it in around 3 days. Talk about down time.

Im not for chinese made equipment, but brand new japan ones are double the price, hence the option of brand new chinese brands. I think some chinese brands are ok, but definitely not at par with those made in japan (there are japanese brand that are also made in china or have partnered with chinese manufacturers).
    Last edited by rac98; July 3rd, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123