New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    SR20DET!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDREiWlESYw&feature=related"]YouTube - owner sr2odet slalom[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Bakit sa ganyan nilagay.... Uso ba yan ngayon? haha

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by orderbayad View Post
    Bakit sa ganyan nilagay.... Uso ba yan ngayon? haha
    haha, tama! Sayang yung engine kung sa ganyan din lang ilalagay.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    haha, tama! Sayang yung engine kung sa ganyan din lang ilalagay.
    I'd rather put it in a box type lancer (kung kaya) than that... it's still more good looking haha

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    B20/B16 Frankensteins are cool, but for the amount of trouble you have to go to in making them work... and the dubious reliability, it's often better just to go with a B18 or an H22.

SR20VETs make the most power stock, but they're high-compression motors. If you're going for high boost, that means lower compression... so the SR20DETs are definitely the way to go.

-

With the 4G63T, the SR20 and the B18, you can easily make 400-600 bhp by throwing massive amounts of money into them. But the 4G and SR are your best bets amongst affordable engines.

If you want 1000 hp, you're looking at big boys like the RB26 and the Supra motor and even more money.

But streetable? Fat chance. 500 hp front-wheel drive motors eat transmissions for breakfast. The AWD in the Evo will hold out longer, but it's easy to break drivetrain parts even with the "stock" 300 hp.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    B20/B16 Frankensteins are cool, but for the amount of trouble you have to go to in making them work... and the dubious reliability, it's often better just to go with a B18 or an H22.

SR20VETs make the most power stock, but they're high-compression motors. If you're going for high boost, that means lower compression... so the SR20DETs are definitely the way to go.

-

With the 4G63T, the SR20 and the B18, you can easily make 400-600 bhp by throwing massive amounts of money into them. But the 4G and SR are your best bets amongst affordable engines.

If you want 1000 hp, you're looking at big boys like the RB26 and the Supra motor and even more money.

But streetable? Fat chance. 500 hp front-wheel drive motors eat transmissions for breakfast. The AWD in the Evo will hold out longer, but it's easy to break drivetrain parts even with the "stock" 300 hp.
    I also think that its dangerous to have a 400+BHP b18's because it's FWD... And I researched more about the VET and I found out that it's only found in the X-Trail GT and its FWD so swapping it in a RWD car would cost too much.

Ano nga pala pinagkaiba ng 4g63t ng mga evo's 1-9 kasi dba paiba iba sila HP and Torque

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I entered 4g63t vs. sr20det in google and I read some of them and for them 4g63t is still better because it can go 400-450hp without touching the internals while the SR20 can only go up to 350whp and after that internals should be touched because of the injectors and its turbos who cant handle HP like 4g does. And no other engine in the 2.0-2.4l engines is better than the 4G it can match up to the supra's 2jz engine and RB26 but then again RB26 as they say is the god of the engines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Which engine performs the best