New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Everest is old already. Better get a newer model.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Sir juts.... The one that has the higher torque, 470 Nm, is the 5-straight cylinder 3.2-litre Ranger TDCi, not the 2.2-litre version. Malakas pa hatak ng 2.2 R-eVGT Santa Fe o Sorento diyan sa maliit na makinang Ranger na yan na ubod laki ng kaha.

Meron Ranger 2.2 at 3.2 dito sa kumpanya kung san ako nagwork sir, alongside Hilux, Navara, Rodeo, at Dmax at Landcruiser 4.5-litre pati.

Regards chief.
    Here we go again. Sige,DMAX maganda kase its an Isuzu hinDMAXiado.

Seriously, my gf's ride is a Santa Fe R and it's fast yes but only if you reach it's peak power.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir juts.... The one that has the higher torque, 470 Nm, is the 5-straight cylinder 3.2-litre Ranger TDCi, not the 2.2-litre version. Malakas pa hatak ng 2.2 R-eVGT Santa Fe o Sorento diyan sa maliit na makinang Ranger na yan na ubod laki ng kaha.

Meron Ranger 2.2 at 3.2 dito sa kumpanya kung san ako nagwork sir, alongside Hilux, Navara, Rodeo, at Dmax at Landcruiser 4.5-litre pati.

Regards chief.
    I know. Like I said, almost all of its competitors.

The Ranger has more torque than the Strada, the 4x2 Navara, the Hilux, and the D-Max.

Comparing the Ranger to the Sorento/Santa Fe 2.2 R-eVGT is pretty moot since they're not of the same class in the first place. And even if you include them, I never said that the Ranger 2.2 XLT had the best diesel engine in its price range anyway.

What I was trying to say is, the Ranger's engine is torquey enough to manage its 1929 kg curb weight, and should have no problem getting up to speed. Its power-to-weight ratio is similar to a non-VGT Strada, which has never been touted as sluggish or underpowered. Perhaps it may not have an excess of pace, but it's certainly adequate. And like I said, that impressive torque is available even at a low 1500 rpm.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you're renovating your house and you want to buy a new car. you're burning your candle at both ends... is that wise?
    don't believe everything you read in the ad flyers. they're designed to sell the item..
    look, if you REALLY NEED a flood-car, just get a used diesel revo. or an adventure. or hilander.
    besides, fording the flood is the easy part. the hard part is cleaning your car after it survives: repack wheel bearings, differential and engine oil change, etc..
    and, if i may suggest, when the floods really hit, you wouldn't need a land vehicle; you'd need a boat!
    perhaps you should give that condo idea a second think..
    devil's advocate here..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 22nd, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you're renovating your house and you want to buy a new car. you're burning your candle at both ends... is that wise?
    don't believe everything you read in the ad flyers. they're designed to sell the item..
    look, if you REALLY NEED a flood-car, just get a used diesel revo. or an adventure. or hilander.
    besides, fording the flood is the easy part. the hard part is cleaning your car after it survives: repack wheel bearings, differential and engine oil change, etc..
    and, if i may suggest, when the floods really hit, you wouldn't need a land vehicle; you'd need a boat!
    perhaps you should give that condo idea a second think..
    devil's advocate here..
    thanks for the advice dude but syempre d ko rin kasi napost full circumstances ko which limits some of your suggestions. i don't want a used car, i cannot move to a condo bec of certain circumstances, and i need a vehicle with fording capabilities just in case and psychologically it helps, but doesn't mean susugod ko talaga sa baha. the house i have no choice bec i already bought it, and the second car i really need one for coding since papasok na son ko sa school. so i cant spend for a car, renovation of a house i just bought and a condo at the same time haha. but thanks i would follow your suggestion if not for the circumstances im in

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... best vehicle for flood protection? Buy an ancient Hilander or an old non-direct injection pick-up (take your pick, Hilux, Strada, Ranger) and stuff a snorkel on it.

Even though the Ranger is one of the most flood-worthy, when you're sunk, you're sunk. Si Rav5 dito sa forums, his house went under during Ondoy. He was thankful their cars were a Ranger and Everest (both TDCi)... because after the flood, they still started. Pero hassle pa rin... had to detail the interior, replace all the fluids and replace the dashboard. Didn't reach 150-250k pesos like Fortuner owners, but the cost was still well over 50,000 pesos each in terms of cleaning and reconditioning. Especially with the Everest, which had an automatic tranny.

The one that has the higher torque, 470 Nm, is the 5-straight cylinder 3.2-litre Ranger TDCi, not the 2.2-litre version. Malakas pa hatak ng 2.2 R-eVGT Santa Fe o Sorento diyan sa maliit na makinang Ranger na yan na ubod laki ng kaha.
    That would actually mean something if Hyundai and Kia actually sold any pick-ups. As they don't, it doesn't.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I know. Like I said, almost all of its competitors.

The Ranger has more torque than the Strada, the 4x2 Navara, the Hilux, and the D-Max.

Comparing the Ranger to the Sorento/Santa Fe 2.2 R-eVGT is pretty moot since they're not of the same class in the first place. And even if you include them, I never said that the Ranger 2.2 XLT had the best diesel engine in its price range anyway.

What I was trying to say is, the Ranger's engine is torquey enough to manage its 1929 kg curb weight, and should have no problem getting up to speed. Its power-to-weight ratio is similar to a non-VGT Strada, which has never been touted as sluggish or underpowered. Perhaps it may not have an excess of pace, but it's certainly adequate. And like I said, that impressive torque is available even at a low 1500 rpm.
    Nope sir, the new Ranger 2.2 litre is weak, to be honest, it's not torquey.... Manual pa mga gamit dito and there is an entry-level 2.2 variant and 3.2 litre dito sa workplace namin. Kuwentong barbero na yan - sakay naman si Sirbusabos (Sirboss) na ala din alam haha!

Ang malakas ay ang 3.2 litre, hindi yan ubod ng laki ng kaha na liit ng makina na 2.2 litre. "torquey enough" like you say doesn't mean "impressive" pare koy. Ano yan, inter-mixed ng adjectives.... Wala naman bolahan dito pare koy, hindi lahat ng tao pare koy mang-mang at nakiki-ride lang na parang walang isip gaya ni idol

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ....That would actually mean something if Hyundai and Kia actually sold any pick-ups. As they don't, it doesn't....
    Yup, you may put it that way and you may even conclude any scenario as factual, pero weakling pa rin si 2.2-litre Ranger pickup compared kay 2.2-litre Fe at Sorento, power-wise

Ayos ba sir, o ayos nalang Niky hehe

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Look no farther - walang sinabi yang Ford fording kay Sarao fording

Cummins diesel pa makina niyan hehehehe....
    nalimutan din sir alisin yung spare tire...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nope sir, the new Ranger 2.2 litre is weak, to be honest, it's not torquey.... Manual pa mga gamit dito and there is an entry-level 2.2 variant and 3.2 litre dito sa workplace namin. Kuwentong barbero na yan - sakay naman si Sirbusabos (Sirboss) na ala din alam haha!

Ang malakas ay ang 3.2 litre, hindi yan ubod ng laki ng kaha na liit ng makina na 2.2 litre. "torquey enough" like you say doesn't mean "impressive" pare koy. Ano yan, inter-mixed ng adjectives.... Wala naman bolahan dito pare koy, hindi lahat ng tao pare koy mang-mang at nakiki-ride lang na parang walang isip gaya ni idol
    You keep forcing the 3.2L Ranger into the discussion, when all that's being discussed here is the 2.2 XLT, which competes with the Strada GLX-V, the Navara 4x2, the Colorado LT, the Hilux 2.5G, and the D-Max 4x2 LX.

There's also no mention of the 3.2L Ranger in the TS' choices, which are either the Ranger XLT, the Fortuner G, or the Forester 2.0XS.

Going back to the Ranger, malamang mas mahina yung Ranger sa 2.2 R-eVGT ng Sorento/Santa Fe. Mas mahina rin sa 1KD-FTV ng Fortuner, or sa mismong 3.2 ng Ranger. These are all more powerful engines fitted in more expensive vehicles. Para mo na ring sinabing hindi uubra si Pacquiao kay Mike Tyson. If you wanna compare performance, keep it relative to either the vehicle choices in question, or with the direct competitors of the car.

And by the way, I'm not mixing my words. Impressive is relative, and the fact that the Ranger XLT makes more torque than its direct competition (according to price/feature set, listed above) is impressive to me. Admittedly, this is based off paper specs, but online reviews and feedback from several Ranger owners don't seem to indicate any shortage in performance.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
emotional attachment/fording capacity vs traditional family suv