New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Since the budget is around 1M, you might as well consider the Nissan Sylphy 1.8V. It has all the creature comforts for a compact car plus a decent powerplant.

If you are aiming for performance, you can get the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost (lower trim Sport hatchback or Titanium sedan) for about 1M with discounts (MSRP just below 1.1M). The power and torque just topples the competition until the arrival of the light and quick Civic 1.5L Turbo.
    Ford doesn't offer discounts for the Focus. Just checked with the dealership. Di naman ata sila interesadong makabenta ng Focus. Have not seen a single facelifted one on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ford doesn't offer discounts for the Focus. Just checked with the dealership. Di naman ata sila interesadong makabenta ng Focus. Have not seen a single facelifted one on the road.
    I have seen a few in BF Homes Paranaque and some in Makati CBD. The new models have the distinctive mesh grill. Ford Makati sales agents do offer low down payment scheme on the 4 models. You can take home the lower trim Sport/Titanium for 58k all-in DP and 78k all-in DP for the Sport Plus/Titanium Plus. Downside is the high monthly amortization rates. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just saw the Elantra in the flesh today. Looks really plain from the back. Too much chrome is bad, but zero chrome looks cheap too - as is the case with the Elantra's rear.

Interior also isn't as spacious as the Altis'. Only advantage is that it's all-black so it's easier to clean than the Altis' beige interior.

Altis 1.6 > Elantra 1.6, definitely. Only the 2.0 Elantra seems worthy of a second look because it's so cheap at 1.033M.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions, opinions, especially jut703. It helped a lot. Will be getting Altis G MT this April.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by romsky26 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, opinions, especially jut703. It helped a lot. Will be getting Altis G MT this April.
    Good luck! Even if you've decided already, you might still want to check out the Elantra and other competitors, just so you're sure to have no regrets. Elantra MT 2016 vs Altis 1.6 G MT 2016 (2014 Model)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12