New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I find the Ecosport to be better value because it has a much improved interior compared to the old Ecosport, and is certainly miles ahead of the cheap interior of the Vitara.

The engine is also a great upgrade as the Ecosport really needs the torque that the 1.0 turbo gives which the old 1.5 didn't have. May not be as thrifty as the 1.6 on the Vitara but sure as hell more responsive. Also a very good move on Ford's part to ditch the DCT for a conventional 6AT.

The Ecosport also steps up in terms of features with improved entertainment and safety features. Exterior is still a mixed bag for me, but at least it has improved from the pre-facelift version.

Only concern is Ford's notorious aftersales service. I've owned a Ford before and have had acceptable service, but I know many others with horror stories.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Pero as someone considering buying the upgraded Ecosport, should i be turned off by Ford's afterservice? I've heard A LOT of horror stories din kasi.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    Pero as someone considering buying the upgraded Ecosport, should i be turned off by Ford's afterservice? I've heard A LOT of horror stories din kasi.
    Regular PMS with Ford is okay. Just scout around different dealers since they have a wide variance of PMS pricing. Ford BGC was charging me almost 10k per PMS while Ford Makati only charged 7k.

The problems start when the car breaks down. They either have poor warranty processing, delayed parts availability, or recurring problems. Best way to avoid this is to buy their models that aren't prone to breaking down.

To be fair, the biggest problem of the Ecosport (and Fiesta) was the DCT. Since the facelifted Ecosport now has the 6AT, it should be more reliable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Problem with the ecosport is the parts availability. Talagang orde pa sa planta for parts like waterpump which gave qay less than 3 years. Super aga imho.

But good thing is mabenta ecosport so baka madami na rins parts even class a replacement siguro.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789