New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ixaz View Post
    and how can i know if the mileage meter had been tampered with? because some of my friends are telling me that 85k mileage in a 13 year old civic is too good to be true. and you know what they say, if it's too good to be true it isn't.
    there is no straight forward way to know that. i know some people in the used car industry that has an eye for these. they say that a tampered reading can be detected by the way the numbers line up. kung hindi pantay pantay then thats tampered. quite honestly, i cant see it. hehehe

pero the way i look at it is with the condition of the car. from the dashboard to the condition of the molding etc. its not bullet proof but its still pretty much detectable.

in your case, its not really too good to be true. there are a lot of used cars that are rarely used by the owner. a too good to be true mileage would be 85k and the car looks like it ran a hundred thousand more than they claim.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    85k sounds reasonable, given that i have a 99 corolla now with only 84K. nagsimula lang sya gamitin daily nung ika-4th year of ownership, and since then, araw araw na sya gamit.

tunog pa lang ng makina habang nag-iidle alam mo na agad kung galactic mileage na yung tinakbo ng kotse. pag masyado maingay o kaya ppugak pugak, kahit pa 30K yung odometer, you can bet your bottom dollar na tampered yun.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since weekend car ito, at nasa province Accord nalang. It should get more than the 6.5km/l that most MM owners report.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    6.5km/l city driving? dang i still don't know what the real FC of a 99 Accord VTI manual is help anyone?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ixaz View Post
    6.5km/l city driving? dang i still don't know what the real FC of a 99 Accord VTI manual is help anyone?
    That's accurate... I've seen 5-6 km/l from the automatics... but the ones I've driven have been in crappy condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I've forgotten that the TS is getting an M/T Accord. Being a manual, and having one more speed available,I'm sure it'll have a less voracious appetite for fuel. If driven conservatively, and not in stop-and-go traffic, I'd say at least around 7-8km/l in a properly maintained manual.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As you say that it's mostly a weekend highway car, I suggest you go with the Accord. I'm implying that you have another car that you use to bear with the pathetic Metro traffic, one that is more fuel efficient and is easier to maintain hopefully.

In your intended use of the car-to-be, the Accord would be more fun, after all, the MT Accord is one hell of a performer. The Civic, while having a great engine, is still in the end, a 1.6. And in high-speed highway runs, the additional displacement of the Accord helps. As for fuel economy, well that's really the trade-off. But since you'll be doing mostly highway runs, it's still not gonna be that bad as compared to if you used it as a city car.

Not to mention that the Accord will always have a more exclusive and upscale appeal than its c-segment brethren.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DILEMMA! 1999 Honda Accord VTI or 1997 Honda Civic VTI