Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ congrats! salang sala talaga :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    My verdict.....I got the Everest.
    Kia Sportage-- I liked it a lot when I test drove it but a small 5 seater with the same price as the Everest made me think twice. Family wanted the bigger car for the same price.
    Kia Sorento-- new look and looks modern and European but for my budget is stripped down. No 3rd row seats, foglamps, roofrail. The stock mags looked cheesy and I liked how the top of the line model looked with the 18 inchers. It made me think that I would change the mags after with a bigger size, add foglamps and that light on the turning lights on the side mirror resulting in added cost. Although I had a Tucson before and was happy with it somehow I cannot equate Kia with Hyundai. I asked 2 friends who had an old Sorento and another with a Mojave, after 3 years mausok na daw. True or not, I had my reservations.
    Hyundai Tucson-- same reason with Sportage i.e. 5 seater. For the price it is a 4x4 to justify it, but I don't need that added feature.
    Mitsubishi Montero Sport-- fits the criteria but my budget can afford only the non-VGT model. 2 friends with Monteros, said to buy the VGT model kasi bitin daw ang non-VGT. My family didn't like it coz it's too high and the stepboards are narrow. Muntikan nako madapa when I dismounted it and wife also. Sabi kung sasakay si lolo at lola, mahihirapan. Kids also find it too high.
    Toyota Fortuner-- a lot of my friends with the 2.5li engine told me na mabagal daw at parang bitin. One said na maingay ang makina at mausok. The 2.5L AT is also above my budget. Note lang: Sa Toyota Pasong Tamo walang nagentertain samin. Siguro tingin ng ahente, the car will sell itself. Unanimous advise from my friends who own the 2.5L to get the 3.0L variant which I can't afford. Even if I read na maraming problems ang D4D engine ng Toyota I considered pero parang hindi clincher for me to buy one. But with a lot of units plowing our streets, siguro naman good buy. Ayaw ng pamilya ko.
    Ford Everest-- Initially I cannot afford the P1.4M price tag but as I talked to the agent they are giving a P100k discount. Whoa suwak sa budget. I liked the looks but I had this impression na Ford yan...mahal. The 18 inch wheels was a plus for me and for my son. No need to change after the purchase. The engine is a 2.5L with VGT. It has foglamps, the lights at the side view mirror (which is absent in the Sorento), roofrail, wide stepboard and lower clearance, 18 inch wheels (maporma). Agree lahat sa family to buy it. Read and asked my friends and wala masyadong negative feedback. Unanimous negative feedback is aftersales service and parts...i.e. if CASA ka magpagawa. Pero dami naman nakakalat dyan na Ford parts. The cost of PMS is ok with me as I am used to paying P7k PMS with my 2007 Tucson. My friend who bought his Gen2 unit from Global introduced me to his high school classmate---the General Sales Manager of Ford Global. That solved my Future CASA problems...I hope, Got a good deal with the freebies. So far wala akong nabasa na mausok sya with the CRDi engine, I have observed old Everests on the road and di naman mausok and mabibilis sila,

I prayed for the best car for me and my family so I got it!!!
    Congrats Sir for the new ride. Regarding the Fortuner, baka yung old 2.5L yung sinasabi nila na underpowered. I bought the 2.5L VNT and I'm satisfied with its power naman. Malaki ang inimprove sa non-VNT na 2.5 dati. Di ako kabado sa overtaking. Nandun yung hatak.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    Congrats Sir for the new ride. Regarding the Fortuner, baka yung old 2.5L yung sinasabi nila na underpowered. I bought the 2.5L VNT and I'm satisfied with its power naman. Malaki ang inimprove sa non-VNT na 2.5 dati. Di ako kabado sa overtaking. Nandun yung hatak.
    Aba ayus sir! Kaso P1.484M Din ang AT. Since bago sya baka di rin kaya ang P100k discount. Congrats din on your ride! There is no perfect car. Kanya kanyang considerations to choose one.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ano727, dct- Thanks! Spending P1M++ for a ride to bring me from point A to point B for another 5 years needs a lot of scrutiny and decision making. May kanya kanyang fanboys din kaya mahirap magdecide based on advise.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    Yung nagsabi maingay at mausok, he got his unit 1 month before the new look (yung parang LC na itsura) came out. Even if he knew na may lalabas ng bago, he stuck to the old one because of the irresistable deal. Ewan ko lang kung may VNT na yun.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Yung nagsabi maingay at mausok, he got his unit 1 month before the new look (yung parang LC na itsura) came out. Even if he knew na may lalabas ng bago, he stuck to the old one because of the irresistable deal. Ewan ko lang kung may VNT na yun.
    Walang VNT yun. The VNT came just this year, a few months after the introduction of the most recent facelift. If it's a 2.5 but doesn't have a hood scoop, it doesn't have a VNT.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Walang VNT yun. The VNT came just this year, a few months after the introduction of the most recent facelift. If it's a 2.5 but doesn't have a hood scoop, it doesn't have a VNT.

Ayun! Ok thanks for noting that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Diesel AT SUV P1.3M budget