New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had the same "P1.2-1.3M-SUV-7 seater-Diesel-AT" dilemna last year.

Settled for the 2013 Monterosport GLX AT priced at P1,258M. Citimotors Makati gave me P40k discount (promo & fleet) with the following freebies: full tint, seatcover, windowvisor, floormats, ewd & back-up sensor.

I already looked around on various options like, Fortuner, Alterra, Trailblazer, Innova, Sorento, Everest and ended up with Montero. Choice was more on the affordability and family recommendation than any others.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Tomorrow Is test drive day! We'll see...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sa totoo lang depende sa habol mo sa SUV eh.

Kung handling ang habol mo, Sportage / Tucson

Kung space + handling, Sorento

Kung space, Everest / Montero Sport

Handling at excitement ang gusto ko kaya Tucson at Sportage ang nasa akin ngayon..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Handling at excitement ang gusto ko kaya Tucson at Sportage ang nasa akin ngayon..
    Handling and excitement sa tucson and sportage??? never have seen those words go together... weird...

if you want handling and excitement with a 1.3ish Million... i would go for the forester, xv, asx or my favorite, cx5...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Handling and excitement sa tucson and sportage??? never have seen those words go together... weird...

if you want handling and excitement with a 1.3ish Million... i would go for the forester, xv, asx or my favorite, cx5...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ipapahiram ko sayo Tucson at Sportage ko.

Among the choices kasi niya diba.

Diesel, 1.3M.

Kung lahat ng CUV, Forester ako, hands down.

And one more thing, nasa pulso ng driver yan. Yung isang corner sa Kalayaan bridge pinasok ko ng 100km/h using my Tucson.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; January 12th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *SG: Sa akin mo na lang pahiram sportage mo! Type ko din yun kaya lang mahal for me.
    To TS: Update mo kami sa test drive...Happy Hunting!

- - - Updated - - -

*SG: Sa akin mo na lang pahiram sportage mo! Type ko din yun kaya lang mahal for me.
    To TS: Update mo kami sa test drive...Happy Hunting!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Saw the price of the Trailblazer, the MT would suit my budget but I prefer AT. Major grey area din ang Chevrolet for me eh. Need to read on after sales service, parts and durability.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    No doubt that the Tucson is a reliable vehicle, very good FC, very good handling as that was my ride....a 2007 Tucson CRDi it registered P125k kms when I sold it and tuwang tuwa pa ang bumili at sabi eh parang 50k lang daw ang tinakbo. Walang kalampag and the power of the engine still there.

Between the Tucson and the Sportage I'd choose the Sportage. Mas gwapo! I tested it maganda and brought a smile to my face. Pero the 2013 Sportage Crdi is priced at P1.320M na. With this price range, i could get a 7 seater vehicle already. It opened a lot of options. The price of the Tucson CRDi before was only P1.048M and it was a no brainer to get it and the 7 seaters were priced way above. Kapresyo ng Tucson ko nun Innova and Crosswind. Both AUVs. But at this time, with the increased price of their 5 seater CRDi mini SUVs maybe I would think twice in getting a 5 seater. Esep esep....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ang laki pala ng tinaas sa price ng Sportage. 30K din yun instant.

IMO lang kung kailangan talaga ng 7 seater, Montero GLS-V nalang. Or Fortuner 2.5G VNT.

Kung okay ka na sa 5 seater, it's a toss between Sportage EX an Sorento LX, sa Sorento konting add-ons nalang buhay na

- - - Updated - - -

Ang laki pala ng tinaas sa price ng Sportage. 30K din yun instant.

IMO lang kung kailangan talaga ng 7 seater, Montero GLS-V nalang. Or Fortuner 2.5G VNT.

Kung okay ka na sa 5 seater, it's a toss between Sportage EX an Sorento LX, sa Sorento konting add-ons nalang buhay na

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Saw the price of the Trailblazer, the MT would suit my budget but I prefer AT. Major grey area din ang Chevrolet for me eh. Need to read on after sales service, parts and durability.
    Heard the same from a friend, he had a Chevy car, already sold it and said never again. Ok naman daw the quality of car, but dealership and after sales has many issues. Pero baka isolated case lang.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Heard the same from a friend, he had a Chevy car, already sold it and said never again. Ok naman daw the quality of car, but dealership and after sales has many issues. Pero baka isolated case lang.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Diesel AT SUV P1.3M budget