New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i got the 2013 Sorento LX... i think its a notch above the Everest in terms of over-all refinement....
    if u want all the Bells and Whistles, then u need to cough up more - Php1.89M to be exact to get TOTL...

for me the LX version just meets my needs, and its front end styling with LED accents & updated Fascia are its side....
    and it doesn't Hurt to have an efficient 2.2li Turbo Diesel with the highest Output/Torque and matched with 6Speed A/T - same as TOTL Sorento
    or Gen3 Santa Fe...... if your not satisfied with it bare-ish nature.... adding things like Foglamps/Roof-rail/Spoiler 3rd. row seats are fairly easy....

but if you're really bent on getting the Ford, i'd suggeest you wait for the next Gen to come out....because if u don't and when it comes out a few months
    later i'm pretty sure you'd always have that feeling "if only i waited....." .

- - - Updated - - -

i got the 2013 Sorento LX... i think its a notch above the Everest in terms of over-all refinement....
    if u want all the Bells and Whistles, then u need to cough up more - Php1.89M to be exact to get TOTL...

for me the LX version just meets my needs, and its front end styling with LED accents & updated Fascia are its side....
    and it doesn't Hurt to have an efficient 2.2li Turbo Diesel with the highest Output/Torque and matched with 6Speed A/T - same as TOTL Sorento
    or Gen3 Santa Fe...... if your not satisfied with it bare-ish nature.... adding things like Foglamps/Roof-rail/Spoiler 3rd. row seats are fairly easy....

but if you're really bent on getting the Ford, i'd suggeest you wait for the next Gen to come out....because if u don't and when it comes out a few months
    later i'm pretty sure you'd always have that feeling "if only i waited....." .

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    The Sorento is my first choice because of the new look but the family isn't 100% convinced to buy one. So medyo on the side palang sya muna while we check on our other options. Thanks for the share.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    I own a Ford Everest and ang masasabi ko is matibay talaga ito. Wala pa ako na-encounter na problem sa Everest eh mag 2 years na sa amin this coming May and almost 65k na naitakbo nya. So far so good!
    Sir kamusta ang after sales service ng Ford? How much is the PMS? Mahal ba talaga ang parts?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *nirv: Regular pms (change oil using mineral oil) = 4K+ php only (di pa ko umabot ng 5K) just turned 2 years yung Eve namin with 13K+ mileage.

- - - Updated - - -

*nirv: Regular pms (change oil using mineral oil) = 4K+ php only (di pa ko umabot ng 5K) just turned 2 years yung Eve namin with 13K+ mileage.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr;2070129[IMG
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m6BPHem-CTo/TuX9oMsDJrI/AAAAAAAAAZg/vxeQEzwlXQ8/s1600/2013+Ford+Everest+Exterior.jpg[/IMG]
    This is the all-new Escape (see: 2013 Ford Escape SUV | The Smarter Way To Get There. | Ford.com). The new design is leagues better than the old one!

The new Everest should be based on the new Ranger with specs close to the Chevy Trailblazer.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The ride is harsh and jiggly on the 18" wheels. Not really any more than a Fort, but some people won't like it.

The interior is huge, with decent materials, and the third row is spacious, though the seat position is uncomfortable for anyone over four feet tall, because it's too low.

The engine is a good. Lots of grunt, and the five-speed automatic is smooth and responsive. Handling is also surprisingly good for a truck-ish vehicle, thanks to stiff anti-roll bars... but the rear anti-roll bar limits rear articulation in off-road situations.
    OT: Just curious, but how is the new VNT fortuner compare to the current everest model? TIA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The ride is harsh and jiggly on the 18" wheels. Not really any more than a Fort, but some people won't like it.

The interior is huge, with decent materials, and the third row is spacious, though the seat position is uncomfortable for anyone over four feet tall, because it's too low.

The engine is a good. Lots of grunt, and the five-speed automatic is smooth and responsive. Handling is also surprisingly good for a truck-ish vehicle, thanks to stiff anti-roll bars... but the rear anti-roll bar limits rear articulation in off-road situations.
    OT: Just curious, but how is the new VNT fortuner compare to the current everest model? TIA

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Check the MS also. On the 2013 MS thread, someone said that an SA gave him a 100k discount for the 2013 GLS-V A/T 4x2 model. If that is true, then it might be within your budget (P1.358m).

But no doubt also on the everest. My friend and uncle owns one and it is indeed really fast! Also me and my friends went to Batangas (Laiya) packed (as in 9 people with luggage) coming from Paranaque using an everest and no problem on picking up on speed. Ride is comfortable as well and what i was surprised was the FC. Didnt have to gas up and still has around more that 1/4 left. Todo hataw yun boss ah balikan :D

- - - Updated - - -

Check the MS also. On the 2013 MS thread, someone said that an SA gave him a 100k discount for the 2013 GLS-V A/T 4x2 model. If that is true, then it might be within your budget (P1.358m).

But no doubt also on the everest. My friend and uncle owns one and it is indeed really fast! Also me and my friends went to Batangas (Laiya) packed (as in 9 people with luggage) coming from Paranaque using an everest and no problem on picking up on speed. Ride is comfortable as well and what i was surprised was the FC. Didnt have to gas up and still has around more that 1/4 left. Todo hataw yun boss ah balikan :D
    Last edited by sabawballs; January 11th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Haven't driven it yet. But from friends, it's better than before, but doesn't feel as punchy as some competitors. The Eve motor is torquier down low.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If you are bent on having the Everest, i suggest that you test drive it first and see if you and your family are comfortable with its ride. It is a little bit on the jiggly side as mentioned because it has a rear leaf spring suspension.

But i must say it is a good truck!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Before you make a decision, you have got to look at the Chevrolet Trailblazer first since it's the newest.

- - - Updated - - -

Before you make a decision, you have got to look at the Chevrolet Trailblazer first since it's the newest.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Diesel AT SUV P1.3M budget