New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Just went to Ford today and looked at the Everest. The AT costs P1.440M but with a P100k discount. The price looks inviting. Comparing it to the Sorento which is bare (no foglamps, roofrail, stepboard, 3rd row seats), the Everest has all of these and priced the same as the Sorento. It also comes with 18 inch rims compared to the Sorento's 17 inchers. Bottom line mas pogi tingnan. As I've read in terms of FC, they are similar with the Sorento and the Monty. And lookswise, the fam is leaning towards buying it. Mas macho daw tingnan. Any comments on the Everest?
    Drive test and compare. Sorento will obviously offer a more comfortable ride than Everest due to its monocoque nature, Everest is ladder-frame based SUV.

Monocoque options - Tucson, Sportage, Sorento, Santa Fe (pricey nga lang)

Ladder-frame (truck) based - Montero, Fortuner, Everest, Trailblazer

Between closely priced Sportage and Sorento - do you give premium for gadgetry (Sportage) or space Sorento? If I were to suggest, Sorento. You can always add gadgets, foglamps, etc later on. But for space, what you get, that's it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Is this the reason why they are giving a big discount on the Everest?

I tumbled upon this pic when I searched for 2013 Everest. Hmm.....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012

photoshopped lang ata sir

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Look at the hood... it reads R-A-N-G-E-R. Photoshopped nga!

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the hood... it reads R-A-N-G-E-R. Photoshopped nga!

Mods, pls rectify the double posting. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Just went to Ford today and looked at the Everest. The AT costs P1.440M but with a P100k discount. The price looks inviting. Comparing it to the Sorento which is bare (no foglamps, roofrail, stepboard, 3rd row seats), the Everest has all of these and priced the same as the Sorento. It also comes with 18 inch rims compared to the Sorento's 17 inchers. Bottom line mas pogi tingnan. As I've read in terms of FC, they are similar with the Sorento and the Monty. And lookswise, the fam is leaning towards buying it. Mas macho daw tingnan. Any comments on the Everest?
    Read this thread bro:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...84/index4.html

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi! I am planning to replace my 2007 Hyundai Tucson CRDi with an SUV with a budget of P1.3M.

Requirements:
    -diesel
    -AT
    -fuel efficient
    -reasonable PMS cost on parts and service
    - this will be used mostly by me with 1 passenger, family of four
    -seldom do out of town trips so mostly city driving (SLEX, bicutAn, sucat, alabang, makati)
    -average of 25000kms/year mostly city driving kaya big factor fuel efficiency

Considerations:
    Montero Sport
    Hyundai Tucson
    Kia sportage
    Kia Sorento (new)

Not familiar with American cars pero sama ko narin:
    Ford Everest
    Chevrolet Trailblazer
    Ford Everest ka nalang bro. I'd say this is the most durable among your choices. Very spacious too. Excellent choice for a long term vehicle.

Yung Kia Sportage and Sorento OK din. These are the fastest, most comfortable, and most fuel efficient among your choices. Rather devoid of features though, and only seats 5.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    I own a Ford Everest and ang masasabi ko is matibay talaga ito. Wala pa ako na-encounter na problem sa Everest eh mag 2 years na sa amin this coming May and almost 65k na naitakbo nya. So far so good!
    Now I am more convinced that the everest might be the most suitable for our needs. Still have to see the others though. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    I own a Ford Everest and ang masasabi ko is matibay talaga ito. Wala pa ako na-encounter na problem sa Everest eh mag 2 years na sa amin this coming May and almost 65k na naitakbo nya. So far so good!
    Now I am more convinced that the everest might be the most suitable for our needs. Still have to see the others though. =)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Ford Everest ka nalang bro. I'd say this is the most durable among your choices. Very spacious too. Excellent choice for a long term vehicle.

Yung Kia Sportage and Sorento OK din. These are the fastest, most comfortable, and most fuel efficient among your choices. Rather devoid of features though, and only seats 5.
    After yesterday, seems like the Everest is the winner. My misconceptions about the Everest such as being a gas guzzler, expensive parts and maintenance were debunked by 2 friends who owns one. Maybe it is the Ford brand related to Expedition, Explorer and Escape made its impression to the public that its SUVs are guzzler. Maybe it rubbed on with the Everest without considering that it is diesel fed compared to the others I've mentioned.

Initially, the price tag for the AT was stretching my budget a little bit, but it helped that I inquired later knowing that they will give the discount enough to fit my budget. The kids were now pushing me to buy it as in...NOW! I never got that reaction when we went and saw the Sorento. My 4 year old boy (who love cars) didn't even sit inside the Sorento. I was surprised the wifey gave a thumbs up on this considering that the Everest is a Ford (unfamiliar territory compared to the Jap counterparts).

I just dunno the rumors of an Everest new body release this year as the present look started last 2009.

The previous pic I posted was photoshopped indeed. Thanks ano727 and dct for pointing it out.

Seems like it is due for the change this year. Should I wait? I can wait maybe months if there is a big possibility but if it's going to be next year....I'd get the present model.

Still have to check Mitsu for the MS, Hyundai Tucson and the Chevy Trailblazer (more unfamiliar territory) just to even out the field. Choosing the right vehicle for the next 5-6 years should be done meticulously. Mahirap din pala pero exciting.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ for me sir, kunin nyo na yung current everest. gustong gusto ng family mo. tapos pag lumabas yung bago, malamang mas mahal pa at without discount. e yung ngayon, supposedly, you need to stretch your budget, but because of discount, sumakto. at wala pa naman exact month kailan lalabas dito. problema pa ng ford ang high demand for ranger and explorer. hahaha.

but you still have to check other brands just to be sure

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ride is harsh and jiggly on the 18" wheels. Not really any more than a Fort, but some people won't like it.

The interior is huge, with decent materials, and the third row is spacious, though the seat position is uncomfortable for anyone over four feet tall, because it's too low.

The engine is a good. Lots of grunt, and the five-speed automatic is smooth and responsive. Handling is also surprisingly good for a truck-ish vehicle, thanks to stiff anti-roll bars... but the rear anti-roll bar limits rear articulation in off-road situations.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Diesel AT SUV P1.3M budget