New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi! I am planning to replace my 2007 Hyundai Tucson CRDi with an SUV with a budget of P1.3M.

Requirements:
    -diesel
    -AT
    -fuel efficient
    -reasonable PMS cost on parts and service
    - this will be used mostly by me with 1 passenger, family of four
    -seldom do out of town trips so mostly city driving (SLEX, bicutAn, sucat, alabang, makati)
    -average of 25000kms/year mostly city driving kaya big factor fuel efficiency

Considerations:
    Montero Sport
    Hyundai Tucson
    Kia sportage
    Kia Sorento (new)

Not familiar with American cars pero sama ko narin:
    Ford Everest
    Chevrolet Trailblazer

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Hi! I am planning to replace my 2007 Hyundai Tucson CRDi with an SUV with a budget of P1.3M.

Requirements:
    -diesel
    -AT
    -fuel efficient
    -seldom do out of town trips so mostly city driving (SLEX, bicutAn, sucat, alabang, makati)

Considerations:
    Montero Sport
    Hyundai Tucson
    Kia sportage
    Kia Sorento (new)

Ford Everest
    Chevrolet Trailblazer
    Sama mo na rin Fortuner, with promos it can come close to your budget.

And the rugged but reliable Crosswind. Alterra, medyo mahal na.

Trailblazer is P1.7M +++ for AT pero 4x4 na. Until dumating yung 4x2 AT.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Chevrolet Trailblazer 4x2 pala na MT P1.369M . Kamusta kaya ang Chevy sa FC?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    IMO, the crdi sportage is the most fuel efficient among the given choices.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, the crdi sportage is the most fuel efficient among the given choices.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd suggest the Sportage. Rides better than the truck-based SUVs. You don't need the extra 2 seats anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd suggest the Sportage. Rides better than the truck-based SUVs. You don't need the extra 2 seats anyway.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post

Requirements:
    -diesel
    -AT
    -fuel efficient

Considerations:
    Montero Sport
    Hyundai Tucson
    Kia sportage
    Kia Sorento (new)

Ford Everest
    Chevrolet Trailblazer
    Wow, 25,000kms a year and only city driving. Marami-raming balikan yan between Alabang and Makati.

If you don't carry cargo that is too bulky, i'd seriously consider the Sportage CRDi; it should be close to home to the Tucson as well.

Try also test driving the new Trailblazer, and when you narrow down your choices to around 3, test drive them all and compare. I think that should help seal the deal.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks guys for the fast response. I was in Kia yesterday and the Sportage is priced at P1.32M and the new Sorento 4x2 at P1.34M. Parang ang konti ng difference between the 2. I just want value for my money. Parang no brainer to get the Sorento considering the price diff. Parang may catch why they priced the new Sportage higher and the Sorento cheap.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    The Sorento is 2.2L and the Sportage 2.0L, I guess mas fuel efficient ang Sportage compared to the Sorento. Anyway, what are the features of the new Sorento? Kaya magkalapit price nila is because the Sportage has more features yata than the 2013 Sorento which is relatively bare. If it were me, regardless of the features, I'd get the facelifted 2013 Sorento.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Just went to Ford today and looked at the Everest. The AT costs P1.440M but with a P100k discount. The price looks inviting. Comparing it to the Sorento which is bare (no foglamps, roofrail, stepboard, 3rd row seats), the Everest has all of these and priced the same as the Sorento. It also comes with 18 inch rims compared to the Sorento's 17 inchers. Bottom line mas pogi tingnan. As I've read in terms of FC, they are similar with the Sorento and the Monty. And lookswise, the fam is leaning towards buying it. Mas macho daw tingnan. Any comments on the Everest?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I own a Ford Everest and ang masasabi ko is matibay talaga ito. Wala pa ako na-encounter na problem sa Everest eh mag 2 years na sa amin this coming May and almost 65k na naitakbo nya. So far so good!

- - - Updated - - -

I own a Ford Everest and ang masasabi ko is matibay talaga ito. Wala pa ako na-encounter na problem sa Everest eh mag 2 years na sa amin this coming May and almost 65k na naitakbo nya. So far so good!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Diesel AT SUV P1.3M budget