New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    * Sir numbah05 - hello Sir President. Hehehe Trailblazer LTZ 4x4 na nga sana bibilhin ko kaso umaalma yung misis at erpats ko. Saka na raw ako bumili ng SUV, gusto nila sedan. Ayaw magdrive ng malaking sasakyan. Now regarding sa Pug 508, yeah I saw the PMS figures from 5k to 100k and indeed its comparable to a Toyota. However, you also mentioned of the jerking 1.6. Minus points yun. I want to consider the 2.0 sana kaso strictly 2M lang including insurance and LTO reg.

* Sir niky - thanks for the very constructive inputs. Just checked the Mazda 6 datasheet, almost had an orgasm hehehe. May engine idling din pala yung Mazda 6 like the Peugeot. Yung Kia Optima maganda rin yung mags nga lang parang takip ng manhole.

===

So now my choices are Peugeot 508 1.6 Allure, Mazda 6, Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Premium, Volkswagen Jetti 2.0 TDI. Lalong sumakit ulo ko hehehe..

OUt: Chevy Cruze 2.0 diesel (too many bad reviews), Subaru Legacy GT (exceeds 2M), Accord (exceeds 2M), Camry (non-Toyota car for me for a change).

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jigz2009 View Post
    * Sir numbah05 - hello Sir President. Hehehe Trailblazer LTZ 4x4 na nga sana bibilhin ko kaso umaalma yung misis at erpats ko. Saka na raw ako bumili ng SUV, gusto nila sedan. Ayaw magdrive ng malaking sasakyan. Now regarding sa Pug 508, yeah I saw the PMS figures from 5k to 100k and indeed its comparable to a Toyota. However, you also mentioned of the jerking 1.6. Minus points yun. I want to consider the 2.0 sana kaso strictly 2M lang including insurance and LTO reg.

* Sir niky - thanks for the very constructive inputs. Just checked the Mazda 6 datasheet, almost had an orgasm hehehe. May engine idling din pala yung Mazda 6 like the Peugeot. Yung Kia Optima maganda rin yung mags nga lang parang takip ng manhole.

===

So now my choices are Peugeot 508 1.6 Allure, Mazda 6, Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Premium, Volkswagen Jetti 2.0 TDI. Lalong sumakit ulo ko hehehe..

OUt: Chevy Cruze 2.0 diesel (too many bad reviews), Subaru Legacy GT (exceeds 2M), Accord (exceeds 2M), Camry (non-Toyota car for me for a change).
    Makakapaghintay naman ang SUV eh. Maybe you can cross out the Peugeot if you will insist on the 1.6 HDi. You will regret if you will push through with that engine. Maybe you can stretch out a bit more pa para yung 2.0 HDi na bibilhin mo. And who knows baka gawing free na LTO reg and TPL mo ng Peugeot dealer

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004

===

Those are nice choices, for me solid choice would be the Mazda 6. The Hyundai Sonata is nice but it doesn't age so well for me. Also, check out the discounts for the Accord, last time I checked you can get the V6 for the price of the 2.4. Lots of savings you can use for gassing up.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    the game has changed
    for me it will either be the french vs mazda6

if mazda still offers their free pms, i will glaldly take it in a heartbeat. why? - it is simply the best

hyundai- A BIG NO

don't be glamorized by those 5 year warranty since chevy(except sa tbz) never honored that 5 year warranty(the original franchiser that is and still continuing to dishonor some warranty of sparks and cruze(current version by the new franchise holder as reported here in tsikot))- same story with hyundai

Peugeot- though they are not a problematic car (in europe, that is) and has a similar status as a toyota (again in europe) for it's durability, we simply have no idea if it can withstand the philippine condition (extreme heat and rain plus a couple of pot holes) and if in case it breaks down... the logistic of buying those spare parts which is more expensive

in one french movie (taxi) a Peugeot was pitted against a mitsubishi (evo and it's successor in the succeeding successful movie which hollywood made a blunder of by making a remake)- in my opinion it is a statement by the french car manufacturer that our car is tough and as fast as their japanese counterparts
    Last edited by victorevolution; December 6th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Checkout a nearby Honda dealer (Ayala group) as they are offering big discounts on both the 2.4L and 3.5L Accord models. The last time I checked, they were offering 250k off and that is taken out of your DP. The discount brings down the price to 1.5M for the 2.4L model and 1.8M for the 3.5L model.

A few months back, Motor Image offered 300k discount on the Legacy GT sedan and 250k off the Legacy GT wagon.
    Last edited by Egan101; December 6th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Maybe they give huge discount if you opt for low DP in-house financing. I won't be going for in-house financing.

===

IN LIST: Peugeot 508 2.0 Allure (diesel), Mazda 6 (2.5L petrol, free 3-years PMS), Kia Optima (2.4L petrol, 5-year warranty), Volkswagen Jetti 2.0 TDI (diesel, manual only).

OUT LIST: Chevy Cruze 2.0 diesel (too many bad reviews), Subaru Legacy GT (exceeds 2M budget), Accord (exceeds 2M budget), Camry (non-Toyota car for me for a change), Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Premium (bad aftersales), Peugeot 508 1.6 Allure (jerky ride)

SCORE: Mazda6 = 5
    Peugeot 508 = 2
    Kia Optima = 1
    Volkswagen Jetta TDI = 0

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jetta is a bit overpriced for a compact. Not to mention that the local VW dealer opted to put a de-tuned engine on it. It would have been a better deal if they had the standard 2.0L TDI engine on it and a DSG tranny. The Passat TDI would have been a good choice if they brought the model locally.

+1 on the Mazda6

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maybe they give huge discount if you opt for low DP in-house financing. I won't be going for in-house financing.

===

IN LIST: Peugeot 508 2.0 Allure (diesel), Mazda 6 (2.5L petrol, free 3-years PMS), Kia Optima (2.4L petrol, 5-year warranty), Volkswagen Jetti 2.0 TDI (diesel, manual only).

OUT LIST: Chevy Cruze 2.0 diesel (too many bad reviews), Subaru Legacy GT (exceeds 2M budget), Accord (exceeds 2M budget), Camry (non-Toyota car for me for a change), Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Premium (bad aftersales), Peugeot 508 1.6 Allure (jerky ride)

SCORE: Mazda6 = 5
    Peugeot 508 = 2
    Kia Optima = 1
    Volkswagen Jetta TDI = 0
    Ganito sir, in order to help you more, I suggest that you do a test drive of all your choices. Doon mo malalaman kung ano ang pinaka ok para sa'yo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Ganito sir, in order to help you more, I suggest that you do a test drive of all your choices. Doon mo malalaman kung ano ang pinaka ok para sa'yo.

Yes sir i-tetest drive ko naman yan mga choices ko paguwi ko. Pero sympre gusto ko lang i-narrow down to least 2 (or maybe 3) para masulit ko rin bakasyon ko. And not only test drive the car, but observe if the dealers are good to customers. Maganda nga yung car make, dishonest naman ang mga dealers so not worth it din.

Btw, i'm also getting married this coming January 2014. Regalo ko na rin kina wifey

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yes sir i-tetest drive ko naman yan mga choices ko paguwi ko. Pero sympre gusto ko lang i-narrow down to least 2 (or maybe 3) para masulit ko rin bakasyon ko. And not only test drive the car, but observe if the dealers are good to customers. Maganda nga yung car make, dishonest naman ang mga dealers so not worth it din.

Btw, i'm also getting married this coming January 2014. Regalo ko na rin kina wifey
    narrow it to mazda and the french

since one of your criteria in choosing a sedan is fuel consumption(hence the diesel engine) but some member here has pointed out that the fuel you would save is almost the same as if your maintaining a petrol engine.

hence you modified your choices, but what the heck, honda, subaru, kia, hyundai.... there good and all (kia hell no same with hyundai excspt for the gs since it's big good for family outings)but they're gas guzzler even with such a big discount.

only mazda has the skyactiv (same as the new mini and other european cars) which could save you a lot of petrol(even tested in natural philippine driving condition in traffic and highway)

the only blunder of mazda and the system it share with other euorpean counterpart(different term for skyactiv) is that the batteries cost 20k a piece to replace but don't you worry about that since motolite is doing some tinkering of their own

you may replace it with a normal battery and may still use the car but we have no idea if the other car electronic system would work(other than the normal feature)
    Last edited by victorevolution; December 7th, 2013 at 01:49 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast