New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, the Hilux FX is an excellent vehicle. Its more refined and powerful than any of its direct competitors. I didn't suggest this because I thought you might find its maintenance a bit more expensive since its CRDi. You'll also have to take extra care of it. Though the Hilux FX will be more rewarding to drive and it will be one heck of a daredevil delivery vehicle. :devil:

I'm not particularly excited about the Urvan because, like the L300, this one hails from the 80s and has not undergone any mechanical changes since then and was also the base model of the then newly introduced Urvan.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Any budget in mind?

Assuming budget is "reasonable", I'd put my vote also to NHR FlexiTruck (FB-type). Compromise on speed (vs. the other noted options) but surely would be the best in terms of payload vis-a-vis torque required. Remember, bottle water yan. Mabigat. I would even have doubts suggesting the IPV/Hilux FX thou those 2 would be my 2nd/3rd bets. You also have to consider reliability and durability for every breakdown = lost business opportunity.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yun issue ng D-4D engine ng Toyota na solve na?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Also consider the Hyundai H100. Its a bigger version of the L300.

Try to stick to a conventional old school diesel engine. They are not picky when it comes to fuel quality. This might be a factor since she will deliver to the provinces. In case there is a problem, parts for L300 and Isuzu should be easily obtained. BTW, how many 5 gallon bottles will she put in the truck? One of those is about 45 lbs full.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Also consider the Hyundai H100. Its a bigger version of the L300.

Try to stick to a conventional old school diesel engine. They are not picky when it comes to fuel quality. This might be a factor since she will deliver to the provinces. In case there is a problem, parts for L300 and Isuzu should be easily obtained. BTW, how many 5 gallon bottles will she put in the truck? One of those is about 45 lbs full.
    minimum of 30, maximum of 50 I guess,

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    This way sa tingin ko pwede na ang IPV. Yun bang part ng probinsya na tinatakbo eh may maraming mga akyat-akyatan? If not, baka pwedeng ipag-isipan ang Hyundai H100 para mas malaki ang seating capacity.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    minimum of 30, maximum of 50 I guess,
    That's about 2200lbs or 1 ton. So choose a truck that can safetly carry the load. 50 bottles will also take up space so you can cross out the Crosswind. 50 bottles wont fit in the Urvan and Hi Ace unless you take out the seats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Delivery Van for a Business. Which is a good pick?