New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    which would be the wiser buy :

01 Cefiro (320k, 65km, meticulously maintained)

or

03 sentra gx (300k, 32km)

am looking at keeping the car for the next 6 yrs. this will be my second car...if I decide to get the sentra, it will most probably be my daily driver. if I go with the cefiro, it will be a weekend car or occasional drive to the office.

what do you think guys?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    What is your other car? just to put things in perspective....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    its a city type z m/t.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    since you already have a compact, why not get the cefiro?

although here in manila, i usually prefer using the smaller car instead of our cefiro for ease in navigating through traffic and finding parking.

fyi, our cefiro is at a bit over 100k and so far i havent really encountered any major problems with it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cefiro for me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm about to say to get the sentra simply because of the FC. but since you already have the city, then you can use the cefiro as your weekend warrior.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    I'm about to say to get the sentra simply because of the FC. but since you already have the city, then you can use the cefiro as your weekend warrior.
    My exact thoughts too.
    The Cefiro would be nice for church, party, guest servicing type of duties.
    The Sentra would be a duplication of your current car.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    was looking at an A/T daily driver sana. how do you think the cefiro would do as a daily driver? irregardless of fuel consumption, if i use it on a daily basis or at least 3x a week, durability wise, will it stand?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If its a Sentra GX matic, i'd get the Cefiro since malakas din sa gas ang GX matic. but, if its a manual, i'd still get the Cefiro cos your other car's, a compact and fuel efficient car already.

Just an advice, pamper yourself during the weekends, get the Cefiro. iba pa din naka-midsize sedan. power, luxury, comfort, prestige.

just my 2 cents.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    which would be the wiser buy :

01 Cefiro (320k, 65km, meticulously maintained)

or

03 sentra gx (300k, 32km)

am looking at keeping the car for the next 6 yrs. this will be my second car...if I decide to get the sentra, it will most probably be my daily driver. if I go with the cefiro, it will be a weekend car or occasional drive to the office.

what do you think guys?
    go for the sentra. the cefiro will be around 13 years old then, and iiyak ka na sa maintenance nun.

i just cant understand why you will get something to use for the next six years on weekends only.

another option is for you to get a CUV (a CRV or a RAV4) at the same price. mas sulit ata yun.

David vs Goliath : 2001 Cefiro Elite vs. 2003 Sentr Gx