New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Thanks for your very helpful insight, from an actual user, no less. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for, not inane suggestions like buying a Kia Pride.
    A privately owned Kia Pride that was properly maintained will not give you any more headaches than a 20 year old Corolla.

Prides are relatively robust. The only big issue is that the suspension cannot cope with heavy taxi use. (in other words, walang sinasanto sa lubak). But to own and repair, a Pride is pretty decent. Parts cost almost nothing. You can replace an entire Pride undercarriage and steering system for less than the cost of a set of mags.

-

Still, it's a relatively small car. If you want something big, look elsewhere. But again, with only a 150k budget, your options are severely limited, and you don't have much left over for maintenance if you use it up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    So I'll replace a bigbody XE that we've owned since new with a second hand kia pride? Maybe your mom would, but not me, no thanks. I'd rather commute. Or take a reliable Toyota taxi, for that matter. I don't think that Toyota taxi will break down on me when I'm running late for work, will it?
    kinda slow and spiteful today are we?

yung pambili mo na pera, pang kia pride lang na buo, or corolla na wasak, or maybe lancer.

all automatics.

sorry if you thought i insulted you with the kia pride suggestion. i did say na kulang yung pambili mo ng kotseng maayos di ba? and if i hurt your pride by saying that the 101 is karag-karag, then by all means, do keep it.

you seek suggestions in a public forum yet you are slighted with perfectly valid suggestions. go play call of duty na lang or something, and leave the car buying business to the enthusiasts.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    may I add, previously owned a 1/3 big body xe, sakto ang kaha but underpowered lalo kung puno with 4 pax ang oto kasama ako. i now own a 7G ss A/T malayo talaga comparison. di naman dapat katakutan ang balljoint, i mean any car na di mo papansinin ang defective ball joint will cost you. may factor din kung san ka lagi dumadaan, could cause your suspension to wear faster or slower. to give you yung cost ng maintenance ng 7G SS, heres how i maintain my car
    1/ lower arm straight - 2,300 (555) brand ; 4k+ orig
    2/ lower arm baluktot - 1,800 (taiwan brand)
    3/ upper arm balljoint - replacement na 555 brand available naman
    4/ stab links - may 555 or other brand
    5/ i use castrol mineral oil replaced every two months
    6/ coolant/atf & filter are replaced annualy
    7/ aircon isang gawaan lang yan from a reputable shop, denso or mit air
    8/ brake pads - bendix
    9/ servo (usual na sakit) will cause you about 9k bnew siguro sa ngayon
    - after this you can pratically enjoy your galanr, kahit with 4pax sa likod di magbabago takbo ng oto, w/ erkon etc.
    - as it applies to all, gawin mo lang ang proper TLC sa oto, whatever brand, preference, ibabalik nya ang serbisyo para sa yo..
    .. sorry if i sound biased... and my wife enjoys it too

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sir, para lang sa referrence ng forumers naten,,, ano ang 7G mo SS or VR? (walang VR4 dito) and FC city, highway and combined reading? thanks.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    So 150k is low on this car? I browse on sulit, olx, ayosdito and also here and I find 130k to 190k on 97 Galant SS and VR. Ito kasi type ko, I once drove my uncle' car back in 1997 when we bought it. A 1997 Galant VR, we pay for 120k as down payment and 30k monthly for 5 years, cash noon was 980k ata for manual tranny.

So ngaun pangarap ko talaga mag own nito, so any advise sir kung anong budget ang okay dito sa 97 Galant VR M/T?

I read this forums specifically on this thread, out of 95 pages nandito pa ako sa 53 and searching threads for Galant only.

Thanks for your insights...

Loyskie

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Much better sa mymitsuph ka pumunta... Dami naka Galant dun.

anyway, for a 97 Galant VR. 150K should be enough but of course, you would need to have a little (or big hehehe) allowance for repairs.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thank you sir, I only want to change the rims kasi medyo pangit yung stock but anything else stock na lahat. I want to change the rims without compromising speed and comfort. Pwede kaya yun?

Again thanks sa link, try ko din mag search dun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Stock ng Galant VR is 15s. 16s should serve you well without hampering ride quality i think. Btw, what i meant by the allowance is for the repairs that may arise since you'll be buying 2nd hand.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i can only advice on what we experienced with our galant 96 ss a/t.

well to tell you frankly, its not that all pleasant. from the tranny to underchasis to the engine. puro sira and its not cheap to fix. tranny change cost us 25k for a surplus unit. engine overhauled and still not in good running condition. underchasis, well lets just say we got fed up and hindi na masyado pinapagawa.

pero dati when it was performing great, ok na ok except for the fuel consumption (which my dad did not mind).

if your buying a galant VR m/t, 150k is more than enough to get one of these. just set aside around 50k - 70k for future repairs. (just to be safe)

wag magmadali, marami fresh and "mukang fresh" diyan. ingat lang sa pagbili. good luck on the purchase.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    *basti08
    so 16s should be okay, if we change also the tire can this affect the riding comfort? Anyway you're right will be saving money also for repairs. Thanks

*archie123456789
    Thanks for the advice sir!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
For a daily driver: AE101 GLi A/T or 7G Galant A/T?