New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sorry for the double post. I thought It failed to load at first. GLS? Not sure. I did not look into that detail.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Spending 750k on a new car because your BMW is expensive to maintain while your SUV uses lots of gas?

Assuming you travel 15000 km a year, with an average of 6 km/L, that's nearly 7 years worth of fuel given today's prces.

I don't see how buying a new car will save on expenses. Even if that car is fuel-efficient, it's still a very expensive cash outlay.

If you want a 3rd car for the sake of a 3rd car, then get one. But if your sole reason is because your other 2 cars are expensive to run, you won't be spending less by getting a 3rd car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    my job entails me to do the same thing, and what i look for are: leg space and then shoulder space. leg space so that my taller clients will have enough room at the back, shoulder space, so that i don't get to be intimate with a client rubbing shoulders with them while I'm driving. unfortunately, with my latter requirement, subcompacts doesn't cut it for me. My vote therefor goes to the Lancer.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Spending 750k on a new car because your BMW is expensive to maintain while your SUV uses lots of gas?

Assuming you travel 15000 km a year, with an average of 6 km/L, that's nearly 7 years worth of fuel given today's prces.

I don't see how buying a new car will save on expenses. Even if that car is fuel-efficient, it's still a very expensive cash outlay.

If you want a 3rd car for the sake of a 3rd car, then get one. But if your sole reason is because your other 2 cars are expensive to run, you won't be spending less by getting a 3rd car.
    The original post never mentioned anything about buying a car because of expensive maintenance. I want a 3rd car primarily because the bimmer is getting beat up and the kms are piling because its being used evryday. As regards the suv, ever since its purchase, its part of the rotation has always been only 2x a week(even before the sale of the other american car). i think only a gas station owner or one who has wads of cash would think it practical to use a guzzler with FC of 4km/l to bring kids to and from school.. For the SAKE of buying a 3rd car!?! Huh? Nope. Im not noveau rich. Im asking about suggestions, alternatives and insights on the cars mentioned.. Misplaced.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    my job entails me to do the same thing, and what i look for are: leg space and then shoulder space. leg space so that my taller clients will have enough room at the back, shoulder space, so that i don't get to be intimate with a client rubbing shoulders with them while I'm driving. unfortunately, with my latter requirement, subcompacts doesn't cut it for me. My vote therefor goes to the Lancer.
    votes for the lancer. Hmmm. But outside the budget. usually go on meetings alone or with a driver so no need realy for the rear seats. Pang kids lng rear. But tnx for the insight. Madami pla may gusto lancer. Brings back memories, my college car was a lancer gti with old school fittipaldi mags. Uy OFF TOPIC NA

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by law_supreme View Post
    votes for the lancer. Hmmm. But outside the budget. usually go on meetings alone or with a driver so no need realy for the rear seats. Pang kids lng rear. But tnx for the insight. Madami pla may gusto lancer. Brings back memories, my college car was a lancer gti with old school fittipaldi mags. Uy OFF TOPIC NA
    If you're amenable to driving a manual, the base City and Jazz are within range of your 750k budget... just a tad bit more.

The City is huge on the inside, subjectively almost the same interior space as an older compact car -- was able to sit in one the other day.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    If you're amenable to driving a manual, the base City and Jazz are within range of your 750k budget... just a tad bit more.

The City is huge on the inside, subjectively almost the same interior space as an older compact car -- was able to sit in one the other day.
    Got a point there bud. I also realized that. Since i wont realy be driving the car often, a manual seems a good idea to broaden my choices.. Will go around the diff dealers tom, wonder if they are open, So the itinerary will be mitsubishi, toyota, suzuki, and honda

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The bigger brands (Toyota/Honda/Mitsubishi) are usually open on Sundays for showroom inquiries.

The smaller ones may be closed (Chevy was closed on a sunday the last time I dropped by to inquire).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by law_supreme View Post
    The original post never mentioned anything about buying a car because of expensive maintenance. I want a 3rd car primarily because the bimmer is getting beat up and the kms are piling because its being used evryday. As regards the suv, ever since its purchase, its part of the rotation has always been only 2x a week(even before the sale of the other american car). i think only a gas station owner or one who has wads of cash would think it practical to use a guzzler with FC of 4km/l to bring kids to and from school.. For the SAKE of buying a 3rd car!?! Huh? Nope. Im not noveau rich. Im asking about suggestions, alternatives and insights on the cars mentioned.. Misplaced.
    I don't think you got my point. Even if you use your SUV as your school run car for the next 10 years, it's still cheaper than buying a new car altogether.

SUV that travels 10000 km per year at 4 km/L with gas at P45: P112,500 per year

Subcompact that travels 10000 km per year at 9 km/L: P50,000 per year

That's a savings of of 62,500 per year, but if you consider that buying a subcompact will cost you 750k, then that's 12 years before you even break even.

And I don't understand how you arrived at the thought that buying a 3rd car for the sake of a 3rd car is for the noveau riche only. There are benefits of having a 3rd car such as having a car to use in case the other 2 are unavailable, or if you have a kid that needs a car to himself while you or your wife will be using the other two. Drawback of course is the purchase cost and cost of maintaining a third car.
    Last edited by jut703; December 6th, 2014 at 07:52 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    To TS ano ba yung SUV mo?
    let me guess it is either a Expeditipn or Suburban

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast