New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i will reserve my choice until i get to ride the cx7, a friend of mine is buying one i hope i can test drive it

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ngayon lang naman sila naka bawi, pero before that they weren't selling that much. before the u.s. economy went down halos walang bumibili ng hyundai, ngayon meron na dahil madami nag hirap. they had to buy cheaper cars and that's where the hyundai came in. like i said korean cars out in the states is for the low class market.
    Ibang reason ko dyan..ang Hyundai nakabawi dahil super ang improvement niya ngayon..compared before..that includes the current situation here sa Pilipinas..No. 3 best selling car ngayon..natalo pa ang Honda at Nissan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Ibang reason ko dyan..ang Hyundai nakabawi dahil super ang improvement niya ngayon..compared before..that includes the current situation here sa Pilipinas..No. 3 best selling car ngayon..natalo pa ang Honda at Nissan.
    well yeah, i should've made my post more clear. they improved a lot while the economy of the states was going down, with the price and packages they offer it was really hard to ignore their cars. the genesis sedan and coupe is still their best seller in the states santa fe didn't sell as well as the genesis since the americans would rather buy the kia sorento. dami na sorento sa states, i see more sorento than any hyundai.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Basta kami we chose the CX-7 over the Tucson IX. Yung Santa-Fe okay sana siya kaso 2006 pa kasi nilabas dito sa Pinas. Pero kung sa performance talaga, no doubt santa fe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    well yeah, i should've made my post more clear. they improved a lot while the economy of the states was going down, with the price and packages they offer it was really hard to ignore their cars. the genesis sedan and coupe is still their best seller in the states santa fe didn't sell as well as the genesis since the americans would rather buy the kia sorento. dami na sorento sa states, i see more sorento than any hyundai.
    I agree...my sister and other relatives living in the US..told me about KIA cars..dami daw sa US..my family friend na Pastor do-on owns 2 KIA cars..Sorento at Carnival yata.. kaso lang KIA and Hyundai ay sister company naman..kung baga..the Korean cars are really improving..on the other hand, here sa Pinas, mas madami Hyundai compared sa Kia..mas mahal kasi Kia dito..Hyundai, mas affordable..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CX-7's interior quality, handling and rigidity are better than the Santa Fe's, but the Santa Fe is a more practicaly vehicle, overall. And it's not bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    [SIZE=3]To gege21,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Firstly, it is a good thing that you have considered Tsikot forum as a source to solicit your required car information and advices. To answer your queries and assist you on your decision on what to choose between CX7 and the face-lifted Santa Fe, my advice is for you to first decide and set on your criteria, then, order of preference or priorities to guide you much better in your selection process. Why include order or preference or priorities? This is because just in case of a stalemate, your can get and decide for yourself on the best compromise. You can choose or add/deduct on the criteria below (just in case you do not totally have yet) to suit your taste and requirements. Everybody knows that car buyer has his/her own needs and requirements. What may be acceptable to one may not be to another or to some. In the end it will be you who will have to decide and choose. This may be a bit long to read, but hopefully, you can find time and see below information and inputs as fruitful/useful for you to make your best decision.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Brand perception, availability of unit (color and variant), reliability, after sales service, parts availability, short or long-term car use, car cost/price ( this is for your budget), gas or diesel consumption, type of engine (gas or diesel), car dimensions, driving dynamics/handling, the internal and external looks, build quality, features, ride comfort, number of passengers, percentage of city and out-of town routes, area of residence or work (on road and off road usage), and many more. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Personally, I narrowed down my criteria into 1) my budget or what I am willing to spend (as there is no use considering a car that is beyond your budget, you can aspire for it but in the end if you cannot afford it for whatever your reason/s maybe that is time and effort lost already). With budget in mind, you are already 50% on track. 2) Number of passengers/occupants (personally, a family of 4 – parents and 2 kids + 1 or 2 nannies will fit into a 5 passenger car (sedan, SUV or CUV like CX7). If you have 3 kids or more, that 3rd row will really be a plus factor. 3) Engine torque, HP, and transmission for out-of-town trips when you most need them, easiness of overtaking in compromising situation, and up to the task capability when you are on race mode and alone seating in the driver’s seat. 4) Ride comfort, driving dynamics, and safety (overall handling, suspension play, body roll, and brake response) as you have to consider also your passengers at the back. This is where ABS and EBD safety features will have to be considered (traction and stability control are nice, but not really requirements unless you will always be driving 180 kph+ around corners). 5) Build quality of internal and external. This is where choice of car materials, fit and finish, gaps between panels, and car design and components in proper places will be measured. 6) External and internal looks. These are subjective as personal choice and preference will vary from one person to another or from one group to another, thus, car looks are better left off to the buyer himself/herself. We can suggest or even influence you, but what’s in your heart and mind will have to prevail. Personally, CX7 and the face-lifted SF are both sleek and good looking CUVs-SUVs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Before I finally decided on my car choice, I made extensive research on various local and foreign websites (Top Gear, MSN, Car and Driver, Tsikot.yehey.com, Autoindustriya.com, MSCP forum, Mazdaclub forum, SFCP forum, etc.); asks queries on forums same as you; talk to no other than car owners of the car in my list, and solicit also the opinion of my family. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I have also strongly considered CX7 because of its build quality, internal and external looks, good handling and driving dynamics, and lastly within my budget. But because it has only 2 rows and can seat 5 and with gas engine variant only, I opted for the 2010 face-lifted SF, which has 3 rows, can seat 7 and very wide inside (but actually can accommodate up to 9 or even 10 passengers). More so, that new engineering marvel Hyundai 2.2 Li. CRDi R-eVGT engine developing 194 HP (197 PS) and 436 N-m (44.5 ft-lb) torque mated to an also new 6-Speed automatic transmission (maintenance-free) under the hood of the SF, as well as the composed and smooth handling and lower fuel oil consumption were really the deal breaker. In comparison, CX 7 has a 2.5 Li gas engine developing 161 HP and 205 N-m torque and mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission. In terms of dimensions, CX7 has 4.699 m L x 1.872 m W x 1.645 m H frame while SF has 4.660 m L x 1.890 m W x 1.76 m W body.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I am not a Hyundai fan (since I have no brand loyalty as my principle in purchasing tangible things is value-for-money regardless of the brand) since all my previous cars were Nissan, Honda, and Chevrolet. However, the excellent news, testimonies, tests of results both in the USA and Europe, and good reviews both by owners and car experts made me to look at this Korean Kimchie Santa Fe, shall I say, an SUV-CUV which is a cut-above-the rest. I realized now what others may be missing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]In summary, I have always believed that a car buyer should not be passive and not just be mere follower because a certain model is popular and so many are on the roads. Car manufacturers, like the Korean Kimchies Hyundai and Kia, have gone a long way already in terms of excellent build quality, design engineering, and engine/transmission sophistication. Sooner or later, China will also be a force to reckon with within 10 - 15 years time. Fifteen to ten years ago, Hyundai and Kia cars approximate the China made cars of today. Looking ahead, Japanese and Korean made cars will have other competitors. This is even more exciting for us buyers.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Back to topic, bottom line is buyers should do their research and home works well as they are, in the first place, will be the ones to buy and drive their car/s. My last advice, is for you to go to your preferred Mazda and Hyundai car dealers to closely inspect and take a longer time to scrutinize the two cars and test drive them. Never ever buy a car you have not test driven yet.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]One last thought, strange it may seem – it is the car that will choose the driver and not the other way around. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Good luck on your choice and happy driving.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Warm regards.[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Looks? Cx-7
    Performance? Santa Fe

Sa partner, ano pipiliin mo? Maganda o Talented?

Basta para sa akin ang ganda di na kailangan i-explain,
    ang talent kailangan pang ipaliwanag sa di nakakaalam eh..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
cx7 vs. StaFe