New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Head-On View Post
    Since you are considering already the koreans, care to include the Volkswagen Tiguan?
    Out of budget. And I don't like the design, not muscular enough. Mababa rin.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Head-On View Post
    Fort for me. Sarap ng meron ka malaki cargo space or extra 2 seats pag kinailangan. As for ride comfort, pwede naman mag after market shocks to soften the suspension. HTH
    So the suspension is really stiff...tagtag

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocharger 71 View Post
    bro ayaw na ata ng montero sakit daw sa ulo nila
    I back read.. yes you're right.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Montero na lang

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've driven both already. Hindi naman night and day. Ang night and day is yung ride quality ng Montero/Fortuner vs a CX5.

Pareho lang matagtag at maalog yung Montero and Fortuner. Both have the same hideous nose dive. Both feel floaty on paved roads, both do great on potholed roads. Both are significantly better than the previous generations they replaced, but are still not as comfortable as crossovers. Inherently it's hard for a truck-based SUV to match the comfort of a car-based CUV.

Yes, the Montero has a slightly better ride than the Fortuner, but that's like saying Melai is prettier than Pokwang.

PPVs are great for a lot of things - durability, seating capacity, fuel consumption, torque, hauling capability, flood fording ability, etc. But ride quality on asphalt is certainly not its strong suit over sedans and crossovers.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Is this part of a review in ai? Havent seen a comparo sa site.

*TS

Wait for the CRV 1.5T its all new.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

*TS

No, just my experience driving the new crop of PPVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

*TS

Doesn't look appealing, based on spy shots, still looks like a family car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    Same reason as Forester, I don't like the design, particularly the front. I hate it. And they made it even lower compared to the older models. If I'm not mistaken it's a lot lower than the CX5.
    Subaru Forester has higher, if not the same, ground clearance as the Mazda CX-5. Agree with you about it's looks, the previous model looked better than the current one. It's more spacious inside though than the Mazda CX-5 plus the full time 4WD. Although, there's that expensive CVT fluid replacement at 40T kms. Then again, the Mazda CX-5 also has this expensive i-Stop battery ...

Get the Mazda CX-5 if you don't need a 7-seater ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you need high ground clearance and big interior space from a CUV, the Forester fits the bill. Its angular looks do not appeal to everybody though. Subie's AWD and 6 airbags comes standard. Subaru has a promo now - 80k discount across all Forester models plus free 1 year maintenance. The base model 2.0i-L pricing (plus discount) is competing more with CX5 Maxx. At 1.5M, you're now looking at the 2.0i-P model (plus discount).

The CX5 Pro 2.0L has about the same ground clearance (less than a few mm against the Forester). It is wider, lighter, and has a longer wheelbase than the Forester. No question on how good it looks against the Forester. It is more cramped inside though. Its 2.0L engine is livelier than the 2.0L engine of the base Forester. Its FWD system plus SkyActiv technology gives it better fuel efficiency. Yojin3 promo covers maintenance for the first 3 years. No idea though how much it costs to maintain a SkyActiv vehicle after Yojin3 expires.

You won't go wrong with either CUV. It's a matter of preference really which vehicle appeals to you more. These two were part of our choices when we went CUV hunting a few months back. The new Xtrail is a fairly decent option also when we checked it out.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you need high ground clearance and big interior space from a CUV, the Forester fits the bill. Its angular looks do not appeal to everybody though. Subie's AWD and 6 airbags comes standard. Subaru has a promo now - 80k discount across all Forester models plus free 1 year maintenance. The base model 2.0i-L pricing (plus discount) is competing more with CX5 Maxx. At 1.5M, you're now looking at the 2.0i-P model (plus discount).

The CX5 Pro 2.0L has about the same ground clearance (less than a few mm against the Forester). It is wider, lighter, and has a longer wheelbase than the Forester. No question on how good it looks against the Forester. It is more cramped inside though. Its 2.0L engine is livelier than the 2.0L engine of the base Forester. Its FWD system plus SkyActiv technology gives it better fuel efficiency. Yojin3 promo covers maintenance for the first 3 years. No idea though how much it costs to maintain a SkyActiv vehicle after Yojin3 expires.

You won't go wrong with either CUV. It's a matter of preference really which vehicle appeals to you more. These two were part of our choices when we went CUV hunting a few months back. The new Xtrail is a fairly decent option also when we checked it out.

Wala talagang appeal yung Forester. Mas gusto ko pa XV kaso sobrang liit. The Forester is like the CRV.

Which one did you end up buying?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast