New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'd go for escape then crv.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks guys. More input please! I will try test drive...

Regards,
    Lucas

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

The mazda sales, just texted me that they have a promo of less 100K, even for installment... I will have a second look on the tribute....

Lucas

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang ganda ng bagong CRV...sana magkasasakyan ako ng ganito ka fogi...i'm sure ilalabas din dyan sa pinas...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I wouldn't bet on the 2.3L Tribute... gas guzzler and mahina ang hatak. We have one and our 1st gen CRV is much better torque than the Tribute. Hirap nga akong umakyat to Baguio via Marcos highway (buti na lang hindi kami dumaan sa Kennon Road). But for other Tribute drivers in the other threads, theirs sounds fine, di naman gas guzzler. Hmm... di kaya may sira yun amin?!

I'm also strongly considering buying the GV to replace the CRV. That's why I'm looking for more comments.

Once there was a Suzuki booth in Robinson's Galleria, it's a Shaw branch, sabi ng sales agent na per order basis sila coz they don't stock a lot of GVs.

Ok na sa akin if the consumption is around 6 km/liter kasi ganon din naman yung CRV namin pag city driving.

Concern ko lang talaga ay yung hatak niya. Kasi 2.0L pa rin, same as the previous model pero lumaki yung size nitong 06 GV. So iniisip baka mahina yung torque niya. Horsepower is not a factor kasi di naman ako mabilis magpatakbo he he he!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    PS:
    Which Suzuki branch did you guys buy your GV?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bro Luc, why not consider also Hyundai Tucson at least less than P1M din naman . So far no negative feedback naman on the Tucs owner on their ride the 4X2 VGT CRDI /AT could be a good choice.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah mukhang ok yung Tucson or maybe the Santa Fe (pero mas mahal tsaka V6)?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Regarding the power & torque issue, eto yung nakita ko sa C! Magazine & from the brochure of the 06 Grand Vitara:

Previous Grand Vitara 2.0
    Curb Weight: 1355-1700 kg (I guess the heaviest is the XL7)
    HP: 126
    Torque (lb-ft): 128

2006 Grand Vitara 2.0
    Curb Weight: 1530-1550 kg
    HP: 145
    Torque (lb-ft): 142 or 193 Nm * 4,000 rpm

Would you guys know if the the increase in Torque will compensate on the added weight of the 06 Grand Vitara?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
CRV vs Escape vs Tribute vs Vitara [Merged]