New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    2.0 SOHC against 2.4 DOHC sa CRV... The 2.4 is more powerful, that's a given. Pero which one kaya mas fuel efficient? Planning on getting the new one, and since they have practically the same engines as the 2nd gen CRVs, I was hoping you guys could give me some advice. TIA for the advice...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    medyo underpower yung 2.0 engine, kaya malakas masyado consumption ng gas... oops, hindi pala underpower, should be maliit yung power to weight ratio... if i will compare the CRV using 2.0 engine with the RAV4 using 2.4 li engine, RAV4 is more fuel efficient pa rin, mas lamang kasi sya sa power, so i think for the CRV which has a lighter body than RAV4, mas fuel efficient siya with the 2.4 li engine... i hope someone will agree with me
    Last edited by driven; February 25th, 2007 at 07:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Alam mo ba weight ng RAV at CR-V? Please recheck the specs.

Anyway, the 2.0 4-speed A/T CR-V is a bonafide gas hog. One owner even approached Exped territory by returning a whopping 4 km/liter consumption! The 2.4 with 5-speed A/T should handle the vehicle better with more torque. And if you tend to step on the gas pedal more lightly, you also might get better fuel mileage.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    got these from toyota motor phils & honda phils website...

RAV4 4WD - 1,585 kgs
    CRV 2.4 A/T 4WD - 1,520 kgs

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    which 2.0 CR-V are you referring to? the current CR-V has a DOHC 2.0-liter, as will the next CR-V since it will likely use the same K20 or K24 engine still.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    id get the 2.4L... no point in getting the 2.0 since as they said medyo underpowered for its size kaya hindi rin masmatipid.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I asked around... The 2007 2.0 CRV will be getting the SOHC engine while the 2.4 variant will still be getting the DOHC... Both will have had 10-15 extra horsepower so the underpower issue will be less of a problem compared to the previous gen.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you are correct, mukhang R20A yung 2.0 sa 2007 CR-V. smaller bore and longer stroke than the K20A... should feel a bit torquier. anyway, it shouldn't make any practical difference if it's SOHC and DOHC.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I think the march issue of the local topgear's supposed to come out soon so I'll probably have a good idea bout the engine, mileage and interior...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    you are correct, mukhang R20A yung 2.0 sa 2007 CR-V. smaller bore and longer stroke than the K20A... should feel a bit torquier. anyway, it shouldn't make any practical difference if it's SOHC and DOHC.
    Really? Hmmm... wonder if Honda will drop the K-series in the near (next few years) future? I've been very impressed by the work they've done with the SOHC R-series, and word is, their new iteration of VTEC will allow a SOHC to become even more flexible than the old DOHC VTECs were, as well as lighter and freer revving.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

CRV 2.0 vs CRV 2.4