New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Thank you Zechs, I got it...

Assuming you get to drive 20,000 kilometers annually, looking at a 5-year period, the diesel CR-V offers both a lower Cost of Ownership (Purchase Price + PMS + Fuel) at P 23.23 per kilometer versus P 24.13 per kilometer for the gasoline; and Running Cost (PMS + Fuel) at P 4.88 per kilometer versus P 7.65 per kilometer.

But what if you drive less than or more than 20,000 kilometers annually? Well, the diesel CR-V would have the running cost advantage regardless of mileage versus the gasoline CR-V. However, factoring in the purchase price difference, if you travel less than 14,109.88 kilometers annually (that’s about 1,175.82 kilometers per month or 39.19 kilometers per day), then the CR-V 2.0 S gasoline actually becomes the more cost-effective option. Interesting right? Reversing the situation, if you run 30,000 kilometers annually, the cost of ownership difference increases from P 0.90 per kilometer to P 1.63 per kilometer.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a practical person. I got the gas because I need the space rather than the 7-seater option. We are a family of 4. Inasmuch as I would like to have a diesel engine (or the 1.5 turbo if it was available here), i have no choice but to get the gas model.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You lose about 3" of trunk height because of the jumpseats of the 7-seater diesel. However, the CRV is still a humongous compact crossover so there is still a lot of cargo space with the diesel variant.

I've been transferring furniture and appliances recently with the CRV and it has proven to be a very spacious hauler. Cr-v 1.6s diesel or cr-v 2.0 s gas

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    this is the only post you should read
    Agreed. K.I.S.S. Keep it short, S...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12