New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    alin po ang mas magandang performance nito corona exsior or galant vr4? at alin po ang mas malakas sa gas? alin po d2 ang mas mahal ang maintenace?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Di ko alam exakto pero sabi ng mga baway ko dati meron siya nung 2. Mas matakaw sa gas ang galant. Kaya una na niyang nabenta noon pa yung galant.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Overall the Corona seems to be better then the Galant, esp. if its the a/t variants you're considering. Our a/t corona did around 7km/L in the city...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    corona is leaning more on elegant.
    galant is leaning more on sport.

re: performance, sa galant ako. epsecially kung orig na vr4 ang makukuha mo. this will handle better than the corona.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    corona is leaning more on elegant.
    galant is leaning more on sport.

re: performance, sa galant ako. epsecially kung orig na vr4 ang makukuha mo. this will handle better than the corona.
    I really doubt it's a true Galant VR-4; it's a common conception that the 4 cyclinder Galant SuperSaloon is called a VR4 because the V6 model is the VR-V6... ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Galant is a bigger car with more space and casts a larger shadow on the road so don't be surprised if it does consume a bit more fuel. It competes with the Camry, Accord, Sonata, etc. in the USDM.

The Corona is designed to cater to JDM and Euro markets where narrow cars are still popular due to existing road conditions.

Maintenance is pretty much even steven but will largely depend on how much stuff you need to repair on the particular unit you are looking at.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    had a 1995 galant vr. all i can say is its fast. ang spacious. but. suspension is sporty compared to a corona. so you feel more bumps than a corona.consumption on hiway is about the same. except galant has more torque for overtaking and speeding along. only the city driving consumption suffers compared to a corona.

if your going for performance. i recommend the galant. specially the multi link suspension. the tires stay flat and planted. so curve roads are not a problem.

if for comfort. the corona has this. due to softer spring rate. better fuel consumption.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I would still choose a galant over any other make in the same category. The Galant has a good history of winning in World Rally Championships, not to mention the fact that the technology Mitsubishi Motors used on the new Evolution 8 was copied from the Galant VR4, and the fact that they look ***ier too. Like I always say, "Only a galant can look better than a galant..." of course its just my opinion. I'm just in love with the design of that car.

Corona exsior or mitsubishi galant vr4?